By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2nd August Global HW, USA &UK SW Up. TLoU Week. PS4 Beasting.

Dadrik said:
NightFox said:
Do you think that after the failure of Xbox One against the PS4, Microsoft will stop the consoles? I really hope not ......

This gen isn NOT over.

Remember PS3's situation last gen, and see how it turned out.

I remember. PS3 helped the PS brand go from 70% market share to 30%. If we apply the same metric to xb one it would be 31% (360) down to about 12%. If this gen reaches 200 million aggregate console sales (optimistic IMO) that would give xb one 24 million LTD by the end of the generation. Or another slightly less bad metric would be PS3 achieving ~50% of PS2 sales. So if 360 end up at 90 million if xb one manages to pull a PS3-like recovery it might make it to 45 million LTD. 

But since there are several factors that worked in PS3's favour that do not apply to Xb one any Xb one recovery is not likely to be comparable to PS3. 

Also worth remembering that 360 only really built up a lead because it had a year head start. PS 4 has almost achieved the same lead as 360 had at PS3 launch with no head start at all in the major markets other than Japan.

So don't be looking to PS3 as the model for Xb one's fortunes. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

TLOU Remastered numbers are great. Overall TLOU will be at least a 8 million seller exclusive (PS3 + PS4).
PS4 is just doing great.

method114 said:
Carl2291 said:
Burek said:
Hype for Uncharted 4 will be off the charts...

Heh, totally slipped my mind.

With the PS4 having the mass market backing now and Uncharted 4 (Id assume) being the big holiday game for 2015... We could be looking at really big numbers.

I disagree. A lot of the new people who switch from MS to Sony (like me) wont want to buy Uncharted mainly because it's the #4 in the series. I have no idea what's been going on because I never played 1-3. Seems silly to hop into the fourth title in what I heard could be the last.

TLOU is the first in what will be many games so it was a good starting point for people.

Considering the success of TLOUR it seems like you are calling for a UC1-3 remaster ahead of UC4 launch. Would not be a bad idea if they sold all 3 games in a package for $60 with UC DF as a download code rather than on disc.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

CGI-Quality said:
GoldenGamer said:
CGI-Quality said:

-snip

TLoU has sold faster than all 3 Uncharted games and has sold more than any sinlge Uncharted game. U4 will benefit from that success though.

The Last Of Us had the benefit of digital, though. Only Uncharted 3 had that (and not even from the get-go, like TLOU). It will be close, but I still say Uncharted has the marketing edge.

I can agree with that but don't you think there's a possibility that it could become a better franchise for Sony in the long run? Uncharted has the benefit of releasing 3 games last gen allowing the game to establish himself unlike the TLOU which it's starting to make some noises.

kitler53 said:

i laughed too hard at this

Around the Network
method114 said:
Carl2291 said:
Burek said:
Hype for Uncharted 4 will be off the charts...

Heh, totally slipped my mind.

With the PS4 having the mass market backing now and Uncharted 4 (Id assume) being the big holiday game for 2015... We could be looking at really big numbers.

I disagree. A lot of the new people who switch from MS to Sony (like me) wont want to buy Uncharted mainly because it's the #4 in the series. I have no idea what's been going on because I never played 1-3. Seems silly to hop into the fourth title in what I heard could be the last.

TLOU is the first in what will be many games so it was a good starting point for people.

Dont worry Uncharted Trilogy will likely release at some point on PS4, but also look at Halo 3 it sold better than 1 or 2 possibly from PS2 owners who switched to 360. I played all 3 Uncharted games, the plot of each is pretty basic and arent really that important from one game to the next. U can easily play number 2 or 3 without playing 1 and u wont be lossed.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

RubberWhistleHistle said:
sully1311 said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:
i know im going to get extreme hate for this, but i genuinely cant understand why people are so excited about a remake of a year old game. and why people are so excited that its selling higher than it probably should.. i really really dont get it. i dont care what nintendo game gets remade, i would never be this hyped for a game ive already beat. can someone out there explain it to me without being sarcastic and aggressive? the reception this thing is getting seems unjustified to me.

There are probably a lot of people that owned a 360 before now own a PS4 and want to try this out for the first time? What's wrong about that?

and as a side note, if somebody wanted to play tlou so bad, why didnt they just get a ps3? way cheaper than spending 450 plus tax. so im not so sure that really has much to do with anything. i could be wrong though. it just seems a lot more reasonable to go the ps3 way..

One might assume that as people who have played most of the last gen games they want to play on 360 and or PC, they are not interested in buying another last gen machine and they are looking to buy a new gen machine. In which case buying the TLOUR bundle gets you a new gen machine with the added bonus of getting the most awarded game of all time. Makes complete sense to me. There are also people who have PS3 but never bought TLOU for whatever reason and they've decided that now is the time to move to the new generation, and hey I also get to play the best version of TLOU. 

The only person it really doesn't make sense for is the person who's already got and played TLOU on Ps3, and that's only 7 million people in the whole world.

Jimi Hendrix

Uncharted can become a 10m+ selling franchise this generation if Sony play their cards right. Along with TLoU which is already at least a 9m+ franchise, Naughty Dog will rule the world.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

So, I prolly wont get re-buy TLOU:R because is till have to catch up on so many games and im playing wildstar. The best news, for me, is this all but guarantees a TLOU sequel so, woo woo!

And thats without Japan help ! Imagine if they release a big japan game with Destiny, it would reach +300k

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m