By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Preorder Poll Thread

makingmusic476 said:
Pre-ordered currently:

SSBB
MGS4

Though I will be changing my MGS4 pre-order to the SE whenever it is announced.

Same here ;)

Also I want access to the MGO beta so I will wait until Sony discloses more details about the MGS4 pre-sale

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network

I preordered Brawl.

Preordered Brawl and Mario Kart Wii.  The only reason I preordered Mario Kart is because when I was trading in some old movies it turned out that it would actually cost me less to buy my game and preoder Mario Kart than to just buy my game...

Preorder for GTA4 on PS3 at Gamestop.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

MGS4 (will switch to SE version)
GT5 Prolouge (on Amazon with the $5 off deal)

Around the Network

I don't pre-order anything unless there's a CLEAR shortage or you get something pretty sweet for it.

Other than that, I will shop around during launch date, some store gives you pretty nice incentive for doing just that (discount)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

None. (no that's not the name of a game)

I would only pre-order a game if that gave me a price advantage. I'm not going to pre-order a game at standard price, because in the meantime (or slightly after launch) I may find a better deal on it! Furthermore, I'd rather have money on my side than on a retailer's side. I'll keep the interest on my money, thank you very much ;)

It seems to me that pre-ordering games is much more common in Japan and USA, for some reason. One thing's for sure, game sales are much more first-week loaded outside Europe than here.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Mario Kart Wii

GTAIV - PS3

I want into the MGO beta, so i'll only preorder MGS4 if canadians are able to get into the beta as well.

I generally don't preorder, it's largely pointless.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka