By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Preorder Poll Thread

I have Brawl preordered... Before that it was SMG and LoZ:PH. Those are the only games I've ever pre-ordered.

Around the Network

I have only pre-ordered The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, just for the bonus game.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I've only preordered one game that i can remember. Mario Strikers Charged... and that's only because i went a day early to get it.

Seemed worth it to pay for it a day ahead of time to make sure i got it.

Usually i'm not so hard up for games that i can't wait a week though.

I pre-order most of the games I get. I really like being able to just walk in and pick up the game. And then I avoid some things. Like games selling out, or when a store only orders enough to fill the pre orders.

Currently I only have Brawl pre paid for

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Just Brawl, preordered since...June, when I preordered SMG as well.

I laughed when Gamestop called me in November to tell me Brawl was delayed but I could switch my preorder to SMG...which I already had...

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network

Hahhahahah You guys are really pre-ordering???? There is no need to pre-order. When the game is released, just go to the store and buy it. If they (gamestop) run out go to another store.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

darklich13 said:
Hahhahahah You guys are really pre-ordering???? There is no need to pre-order. When the game is released, just go to the store and buy it. If they (gamestop) run out go to another store.

::chuckle::  Or I could just pre-order a game while I'm already in the store for some other reason, and save my self a possible extended drive when it comes out.  More efficent that way.  Not that I'm worried I won't get the game.  (Unless it's Brawl)

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

^ Ask yourself why there would be a shortage in the first place. Are DVD's that hard to produce?? No, they cost pennies. The biggest first day sales for a videogame was last year with Halo3 and all you had to do was goto Best Buy. They had stands up front right when you entered the building. There is no need to pre-order unless you get someting in return. Like a shirt, or a reduced price, or some kind of special bonus.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Wii:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Circuit City)
Mario Kart Wii (Amazon)
Wii Fit (Amazon)

PS3:
Final Fantasy XIII (Amazon)
Final Fantasy versus XIII (Amazon)
White Knight Chronicles (Amazon)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (Amazon)

PSP:
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core (Amazon)