By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are the PS4 versions of multiplats really better??

Lmao why isn't this thread locked yet? Mod team sure is priceless.
If this was made on any other console the thread would have been locked on the spot with the message "this was made to stir up trouble" or "this will not end well". Here we are 17 pages after of pure "trouble" and this is still open. Hmmmmmmm I wonder why? This has obviously nothing to do with the fact that the thread is anti sony and the comments are even worse right?

Around the Network

we all know ps4 has better specs under the hood. it really depends if the developers are willing to make compromises to reach 1080p/60fps on xbone.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

It isnt about the differences in perception.
It's about cold hard facts, and in almost all cases, the answer is yes, and when it isnt a yes it's a "theyre exactly the same".

I would almost go as far as to say that most people would still be satified with the PS3 or 360 version of a game, if they never played the PS4 or Xbox One. In other words, the game would still be fun even on last gen systems so I am am in complete agreement with this thought. I am confident that content for content, both offer an awesome experience and it likely would take these sites breaking them down to truly realize a difference or the unlikely scenario that someone has two exact TVs side by side to compare. We have a Wii U, but haven't purchased either of Sony or Microsoft's new system. My oldest son wants an Xbox One because he loves Forza. I am guessing that multiplats will be plenty satifying on Xbox One as they are on PS4 regardless of negligible differences. We will eventually get a PS4, but the Xbox One will come first.

Pipedream24 said:
The differences really are minimal. Unless you are looking at a side by side comparison trying to nitpick details, it is not going to ruin anyone's experience with the game (much like last generation). I buy multiplats based on which controller I prefer for the game type. Shooters and racers I prefer the Xbox controller. Third person and RPGs I prefer the PS controller.

LOL "Minimal."

Around the Network
overman1 said:

It still will be noticed. Dont you understand? the only way the experience will be unnoticable is if for each person, the experience of the game was singular. obviously if I am playing the Xbox one version of the game on my TV, I will not be think of the PS4 version IF I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT. I will not be thinking "Damn, this Xbox one version of the game is terrible, wonder how the PS4 version looks like" If you have played the PS4 version of MGS:GZ and Battlefield 4, and you played the Xbox one version of these games (as I have on my TV), the difference jumps in your face almost immediately, most noticable the framerate drops. For now, it believe most multi developers are really rreally trying for parity for both systems. Not saying the PS4 version of the games are been gimped but I belive most developers are pushing the Xbox one mechanisms further than the PS4 engine. because, that could mean less sales for thier game on the Xbox which isnt a good thing. If the Ps4 versions are shown as much love as the Xbox one versions of recent games aka Destiny, there will definitely be a very obviously difference like Ground Zero. 
Developers have obviously said the PS4 is a much easier machine to program for, couple that with a more powerful GPU and faster Ram. It isnt much of a stretch to say that PS4 exclusives wil be the best looking games this gen and maybe some third party developers who really want to push that engine to see what it can really done. 

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Titanfall-Developer-Loves-PS4-64954.html

I understand your point.  The early multiplats looked like crap on the XB1 compared to the PS4.  That's true.  Whether it is just the developers creating parity for sales or the fact that these later releases have much better SDKs to work with, the difference on the latest multiplats is very minimal.  I am not saying that it won't ever get bigger again.  I expect as I am sure everyone does, that the system exclusives over time will have a more obvious difference in favor of the PS4.  I do doubt that the developers will waste time and money trying to "give the love" to the PS4 version of multiplats.  There really is no benefit to them.  The game won't sell any more if the PS4 version has a minor framerate increase or slightly better effects.  It would be interesting if 3rd parties did take the time to maximize their games to the PS4's potential.  THe fallout of course would be XB1 owners ignoring the game in some cases.  A lot of people pick a side instead of just playing what's available.

It is near the end of the end....

Danman27 said:

I know. I'm tired of this defense of the xbox one. Just because you can't tell the difference (which I really find hard to believe honestly) doesn't make it not better. It's because fans of xbox don't want to acknowledge that they are buying an infererior product. At this point, there's no real objective argument against the ps4 vs the xbox one. The only real defense of the xbox one now is that you like the exclusives more. And they annoying part about this defense is that people always treat it likes their opinion is the only correct one. If someone would rather play halo than uncharted, whatever, it's their choice. But what annoys me is that many people treat this situation like they like Halo more because it's just flat out better. 

So I have a serious question for you. Last gen (PS3 vs Xbox 360), which was the "inferior" product?

Best version of multiplats are obviously on the WiiU. But most people can't see the obvious. :(

Your argument is because people don't have a PS4 version side by side they are not better?? Them not seeing the better version doesn't mean it doesn't exist and others don't have the better version, your mental gymnastics are pretty bad.

Yes ps4 has the best Multiplats that's fact....anything else is sad spin.

Hey, remember last generation when Xbox 360 multiplats were better forcing the PS3 to be discontinued and Sony out of the game console business?

We're now getting onto our fifth installment of this feature, and with every passing year the differences between the consoles continue to melt away. When we first started this feature, the differences between some versions of games were astounding. Fight Night Round 3 looked drastically better on the Xbox 360 with its improved lighting and shadowing effects. The following year, the graphics on both platforms got considerably more even--Oblivion even looked better on the PlayStation 3. Every subsequent comparison pretty much ended the same, with the Xbox 360 getting the benefit of slightly higher-resolution textures and other marginal improvements that wouldn't be noticed unless the images were put side by side. We'll see if the trend holds true with some of the best games from this year.

Assassins Creed II continues the trend we've seen with the Xbox 360 getting marginally better textures. You can see a bit more detail in Desmond's jeans, and the number 2 is considerably more clear in the Xbox shot. The Xbox 360 might also benefit from normal mapping, which gives the floor surfaces, the brick lines, and the door rivets a more 3D look.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-360-vs-ps3-graphics-comparison-round-5/1100-6242816/