By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - SpongeBob 2015 Movie announced, "Sponge out of Water"

I really hope Spongebob just ends already because the cartoon has been VERY lackluster for almost a decade now! Season 9 is the best season since Season 4, but that's not saying much..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I support a second film. I really liked the first one.

This movie was announced like 2 years back, but no real info came out of it. What pisses me off is that they said the animation would be traditional, and while this is true, the traditional style only lasts for like one fourth of the movie. What's up with cartoon characters going to the real world nowadays?..

1999-2015,you will be mised dear Spongebob squarpants. Please everyone mantain a moment of silence for our most beloved sea creature.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I'll watch.

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:
RCTjunkie said:
Hopefully this will end the show on a high note.

It's been garbage since Season 3, but those seasons are why it's still considered so legendary, and still one of my all-time favorite cartoons.

You mean after season 3 right?  One thing I wish they kept was how the early Patrick was protrayed (season 1 mostly). Yeah he was still a dumb but tried to act like he wasn't and had a nice calmer reasonable tone to his voice and acted as mentor to Spongebob, even tho his advice and was wrong and ended in funny situations (for an example a radio in Spongebob's head to cheat the Boating Exam).  It felt a lot more a fresh of a character than the sugar induced insanity he has now a days (which spongebob seems to have inherited as well).

Glad Spongebob's voice talent (Tom Kenny) has moved on to bigger and better things tho, via Ice King in Adventure Time.

Oh yeah, my bad. Season 3 was solid as well.

And I agree with the Patrick analysis. They simplified a LOT of character personalities later seasons instead of developing them further.

Looks bad but I'd hate for it to be the finale.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Squeezol said:

This movie was announced like 2 years back, but no real info came out of it. What pisses me off is that they said the animation would be traditional, and while this is true, the traditional style only lasts for like one fourth of the movie. What's up with cartoon characters going to the real world nowadays?..

This is the cause

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

RCTjunkie said:

Hopefully this will end the show on a high note.

It's been garbage since after Season 3, but those seasons are why it's still considered so legendary, and still one of my all-time favorite cartoons.

Too true. In hindsight, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie should have ended the series, as Hillenburg intended.

Everything after seasons 1-3 and the movie has been mediocre at best.

Like you, I hope this new movie ends the series on a high note.

I hope they end it. The show is like a dying animal. Just gotta take it to the back and take it out of its misery :p its sad seeing episodes occasionally (new ones) that seem to be stolen ideas/concepts from earlier seasons, its pathetic.