By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox One Is Doing Extremely Well........

BeElite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If sales of X1 software was bad the support would disappear just like Wii U support has disappeared. The fact is X1 software sales have been solid and that will keep support coming.

I do anticipate PS4 to get stronger support, like PS3 had with Japanese support. But that doesn't mean X1 support will be weak.

Like I said before, I don't feel the X1 is doing "extremely well." Nor do I its doing horrible as you seem to beleive. I feel the X1 is doing well, nothing more and nothing less.

If it makes you feel better about your choice, you go on and keep calling dismal sales " doing well"

The only platform I associate dismal with is Vita. If you own any other relevant platform, there is plenty to look forward to.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
dasert said:

Considering the Xbox One is currently only for sale in 13 regions compared to the competition's 70 regions I would be more than shocked if the numbers were otherwise, I would apply this to the other consoles if their regional advantage was reversed to.

Let's wait until the end of September before we start counting the numbers when the Xbox One will at least be for sale in 41 regions, still 29 regions less than the other consoles but a whole lot more than it's in now.

As for comparing Xbox 360 sales for the same time period the same logic above applys exactly the same there to.

So let's see from the beginning of October how the sales pan out when it's on a more level playing field.....

Oh god. Yeah, maybe the one will sell more than the wiiU with all these country...or not.

Namiirei said:
dasert said:

Considering the Xbox One is currently only for sale in 13 regions compared to the competition's 70 regions I would be more than shocked if the numbers were otherwise, I would apply this to the other consoles if their regional advantage was reversed to.

Let's wait until the end of September before we start counting the numbers when the Xbox One will at least be for sale in 41 regions, still 29 regions less than the other consoles but a whole lot more than it's in now.

As for comparing Xbox 360 sales for the same time period the same logic above applys exactly the same there to.

So let's see from the beginning of October how the sales pan out when it's on a more level playing field.....

Oh god. Yeah, maybe the one will sell more than the wiiU with all these country...or not.

You doubter! Once sales figures start rolling in from Israel, Colombia and Slovakia, people will stop laughing at Tier 2 countries. And donm't forget their stronghold - Japan.

Yeah, didnt you saw the numbers for August 2nd in europe?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=188017

It was almost 1:8 x1 vs ps4. That even shocked me, as I was used to a 1:4 ratio.

So sales wise, its not doing well.

larasactua said:

It was almost 1:8 x1 vs ps4. That even shocked me, as I was used to a 1:4 ratio.

TLOU: Remastered just came out, so that's why the ratio is much bigger now! In any case, I think the X1 will get a boost from the September countries  but nothing that will last for too long!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
larasactua said:

TLOU: Remastered just came out, so that's why the ratio is much bigger now! In any case, I think the X1 will get a boost from the September countries  but nothing that will last for too long!

You do know that 1) Tier 2 countries are not going to make any significant difference...they are "Tier 2" for a REASON.  And 2) Any gains the Xbox One DOES get will be CRUSHED by the Destiny launch (along with the Destiny Bundle).

If MS (and their fans) are thinking September is going to be good for them, they have a rude awakening coming!

jnemesh said:

You do know that 1) Tier 2 countries are not going to make any significant difference...they are "Tier 2" for a REASON.  And 2) Any gains the Xbox One DOES get will be CRUSHED by the Destiny launch (along with the Destiny Bundle).

If MS (and their fans) are thinking September is going to be good for them, they have a rude awakening coming!

I never said  the September countries are going to make a huge difference.. I just said that they will give the X1 a small boost for a short amount of time..

Agree with you there.  They will get a "bump"...but the question becomes "how much?".  I think most of these countries have had the option of buying "grey market" consoles for quite some time....and in the case of China, I think most will continue to do so rather than buy the region locked and heavily restricted (and probably monitored!) Official Chinese model.

jnemesh said:

Agree with you there.  They will get a "bump"...but the question becomes "how much?".  I think most of these countries have had the option of buying "grey market" consoles for quite some time....and in the case of China, I think most will continue to do so rather than buy the region locked and heavily restricted (and probably monitored!) Official Chinese model.

I can't really speak for countries like China and India, but in Europe I do think the X1 will at least stay just slightly above the WiiU in Europe for a few weeks!

People forget that last generation playstation 3 outsold xbox 360 in the earlier part of the year and then in the

holidays Xbox 360 outsells the playstation 3.

While I am full aware we are in a new generation, I think the same thing will happen this generation Xbox One will

outsell the playstation 4 for the holidays, possibly by a margin of 2 to 1.

The reason is those bundles. There will be a Madden NFL 2015, bundle.

A white Xbox One with Sunset Overdrive. Not too hyped about that game.

But a free game is always good.

And there might me more bundles and deals.

So definitely in america, as for the rest of the world Microsoft will have to do some work.

And then there is the fact that Xbox One will be available in more markets later this year.

I hope VGchartz will be able to track china. There is over One Billion people living there alone.

Who knows what the console market will look like when things really start to get cracking in that market.

Basically  I expect huge Xbox One sales later this year. That's all I am trying to say.