By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox One Is Doing Extremely Well........

Mr Puggsly said:
BeElite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

As I mentioned, the PS2 and PSP were stil profiting while the PS3 was causing massive losses. So its difficult to measure exactly how much of a financial disaster the PS3 was.

Fact is the X1 doing well. I'm reluctant to say its doing "extremely well" like the OP implies. But its also not the irrelevant platform you seem to believe.

Here's a question, in your opinion how many units does X1 have to sell just to be a relevant platform? I'll assume more than Vita and OG Xbox.

Uhuh its doing well.

84k to 12k last chart week in Europe, 72k to 36k in its home market.  So that is well in your mind ?? ok there bud.

I have a feeling you don't read. You didn't respond to anything I said.

The X1 can still move many millions of units over time. The PSP sold significantly less than the DS, yet PSP still did very well.

If the Vita did half as well as the PSP, the Vita would be doing well. Get the idea?

Neither the PSP or the Vita are the sole console being offered by Sony, nor do they represent even a significant portion of their business.  The Playstation brand can survive without either the PSP or the Vita...but the Xbox brand can NOT survive without the One.  Your argument is invalid.  Sorry.

Around the Network
jnemesh said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The X1 can still move many millions of units over time. The PSP sold significantly less than the DS, yet PSP still did very well.

If the Vita did half as well as the PSP, the Vita would be doing well. Get the idea?

Neither the PSP or the Vita are the sole console being offered by Sony, nor do they represent even a significant portion of their business.  The Playstation brand can survive without either the PSP or the Vita...but the Xbox brand can NOT survive without the One.  Your argument is invalid.  Sorry.

First of all, you're wrong. The PSP was a significant part of their business. It sold a ton of units, it sold a ton of software, it was an integral part of the Playstation brand. It was so important to Sony they created a platform called the Vita.

Home consoles and handheld consoles are important to Nintendo. Sony had the same thing going with home consoles and the PSP. The faiure of Vita means the Playstation brand just became irrelevant to a market they were once successful.

You can't say my argument is invalid, because you clearly missed the point. I'm saying the X1 doesn't need to do as well as PS4 be successful or relevant.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
BeElite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

As I mentioned, the PS2 and PSP were stil profiting while the PS3 was causing massive losses. So its difficult to measure exactly how much of a financial disaster the PS3 was.

Fact is the X1 doing well. I'm reluctant to say its doing "extremely well" like the OP implies. But its also not the irrelevant platform you seem to believe.

Here's a question, in your opinion how many units does X1 have to sell just to be a relevant platform? I'll assume more than Vita and OG Xbox.

Uhuh its doing well.

84k to 12k last chart week in Europe, 72k to 36k in its home market.  So that is well in your mind ?? ok there bud.

I ignore much of it as it is irrelevent, who cares about the vita ? is this thread about it.   Maybe stick on topic if you can. 

I "can" walk on the moon, does not mean i will.

If you say so, bub.  But the fact remains that the Xbox One is NOT profitable, and WONT be profitable if it keeps selling in the numbers we are seeing.  Does it have to be #1?  No...but it needs to do better than 3rd place too!

BeElite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I ignore much of it as it is irrelevent, who cares about the vita ? is this thread about it.   Maybe stick on topic if you can. 

You ignore it all and just babble. I am sticking to the topic. I'm giving you examples of platforms that didn't have the best sales but are still considered a success. The PSP was a success even though it got trounced by the DS, but Vita is a failure because of overall poor sales.

I'm sorry if you can't comprehend simple arguments.

I asked you how much does the X1 need sell to be relevant, but you don't have a response to that. You just spew nonsense, you don't answer simple questions.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

In the end, this system will have sold a ton of units. Before it game out, I figured it was anyone's game, but I feel now that Xone will be in 2nd place when the next gen starts. It's still going to be crazy popular here in the US, and will still end up around 40 million units.
However, I don't feel it is doing "extremely well". It's well off, just not extremely.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm saying the X1 doesn't need to do as well as PS4 be successful or relevant.

Wiiu might be able to get away with that. X1 cant.

Any less then PS4 and its a failure, both are build on royalties form thrd parties.  X1 weak sales are costing big time already and its only getting worse and worse.  The less it sale then PS4 the bigger a failure it is and less relevent it is.

Last week it nearly only did 1/4 of PS4 sales, that is a colosul failure.  its awfull sales are nearing a point where publishers can start thinking of skiping releasing on X1.  

jnemesh said:

If you say so, bub.  But the fact remains that the Xbox One is NOT profitable, and WONT be profitable if it keeps selling in the numbers we are seeing.  Does it have to be #1?  No...but it needs to do better than 3rd place too!

We'll have to wait and see. It can still have an impressive userbase in the long run. A large number of 360 users may upgrade to X1 in a few years.

The 360 is 3rd place for 7th gen and it sold over 80 million units.  Just saying 3rd place doesn't mean a console sold poorly.

We don't consider the Vita a failure because its in second place. We consider it a failure because it sold poorly.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
BeElite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You ignore it all and just babble. I am sticking to the topic. I'm giving you examples of platforms that didn't have the best sales but are still considered a success. The PSP was a success even though it got trounced by the DS, but Vita is a failure because of overall poor sales.

I'm sorry if you can't comprehend simple arguments.

I asked you how much does the X1 need sell to be relevant, but you don't have a response to that. You just spew nonsense, you don't answer simple questions.

You lack decent argument, but but but PS3... and then the  hypocracy.

PSP did more then half Ds sales LT, but it go "trounced" according to you.

PS4 near quadrupled X1 sales last week, is doing 2.4 times X1 sales for the year and quickly approching double LT.. Yet in your mind X1 is doing "well"

LOL

Try not to get too worked up over it.  If you use a logical argument and can't get a coherent, logical response, just move on.  Some people here like to totally ignore reality to try and justify their own purchases.