Do you think TLOUR shouldn't Exit?

YES 150 30.99%

NO 220 45.45%

WHO CARES? 107 22.11%

Total:477
the-pi-guy said:
KLXVER said:

When did it start?

Naughty Dog has revealed development on The Last of Us: Remastered for PS4 began almost straight after production on the original game wrapped.

“We had a lot of people on the forums saying ‘can I play this on PlayStation 4?’ We had actually been anticipating that, and started working on it pretty much as soon as we finished the PlayStation 3 [version]," he explained. "We weren’t sure if it was going to go anywhere, but when we saw the fans clamouring for it we doubled-down, and put more effort behind it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/10/the-last-of-us-ps4-development-began-ages-ago

So fans were clamoring for it and they decided to make it for people who hasnt played it...? Makes sense...

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

That is because you aren't a sony hater, and you are fair. You just have a strong position agaisnt remakes and it is your right.

Thank you. Thats nice to hear

the-pi-guy said:
KLXVER said:

So fans were clamoring for it and they decided to make it for people who hasnt played it...? Makes sense...

Because things are always done for one reason, and giving the fans what they want is always bad.  

What? I dont agree with that at all.

the-pi-guy said:
KLXVER said:

When did it start?

Naughty Dog has revealed development on The Last of Us: Remastered for PS4 began almost straight after production on the original game wrapped.

“We had a lot of people on the forums saying ‘can I play this on PlayStation 4?’ We had actually been anticipating that, and started working on it pretty much as soon as we finished the PlayStation 3 [version]," he explained. "We weren’t sure if it was going to go anywhere, but when we saw the fans clamouring for it we doubled-down, and put more effort behind it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/10/the-last-of-us-ps4-development-began-ages-ago

remember seeing that they really started this year. Took about 6months..

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

the-pi-guy said:
KLXVER said:

What? I dont agree with that at all.

What what?

Ok, now youre just mocking me

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
KLXVER said:

Ok, now youre just mocking me

No, I'm asking what you're whating.  

What are you asking?  

I dont agree with giving fans what they want being a bad thing always.

the-pi-guy said:
KLXVER said:

I know you don't.  

But seriously, try to look at it from someone else's perspective.  Lots of different users have given you lots of reasons, and for whatever reason you haven't changed your standpoint.  Not everyone is going to be happy ever.  Someone is going to want a new Final Fantasy every year and someone else wishes that Final Fantasy never existed.  Someone is going to be unhappy either way.  

We all get that you don't like it, but just because you don't like something doesn't mean it is worth complaining about in every thread about it that comes up.  There are pros and cons either way, they just decided that doing this would be best, and really it isn't as big of a loss as you think it is.  

Making a new game isn't just push everyone into a room and start making it.  A lot of time goes into pre production, while a game is in  pre production, other people can start working on a remaster instead of going on vacation or something.  

Try to look at it from Sony's point of view, a consumer's point of view, and another consumer's point of view, etc.  

For Once.

the-pi-guy said:
KLXVER said:

I know you don't.  

But seriously, try to look at it from someone else's perspective.  Lots of different users have given you lots of reasons, and for whatever reason you haven't changed your standpoint.  Not everyone is going to be happy ever.  Someone is going to want a new Final Fantasy every year and someone else wishes that Final Fantasy never existed.  Someone is going to be unhappy either way.  

We all get that you don't like it, but just because you don't like something doesn't mean it is worth complaining about in every thread about it that comes up.  There are pros and cons either way, they just decided that doing this would be best, and really it isn't as big of a loss as you think it is.  

Making a new game isn't just push everyone into a room and start making it.  A lot of time goes into pre production, while a game is in  pre production, other people can start working on a remaster instead of going on vacation or something.  

Try to look at it from Sony's point of view, a consumer's point of view, and another consumer's point of view, etc.  

If you all get why I dont like it, then why do you keep questioning me about it?

I just said that the article was well written, but because people know I dont like it they feel like they have to explain to me why the remaster is worth it. I have answered that question many times now, but people still keep asking me. When I dont post in a thread, people say stuff like "The ones complaining about TLOUR are selfish and dont know what theyre talking about". Its not very fun to read either.

If the console makers is going to care about the people who didnt own their last system, then the new console will be flooded with these remasters.

There is no reason for remasters like this. People can buy it and enjoy it. Thats fine, but it could just have been a part of PSNow.

the-pi-guy said:
KLXVER said:

If you all get why I dont like it, then why do you keep questioning me about it?

I just said that the article was well written, but because people know I dont like it they feel like they have to explain to me why the remaster is worth it. I have answered that question many times now, but people still keep asking me. When I dont post in a thread, people say stuff like "The ones complaining about TLOUR are selfish and dont know what theyre talking about". Its not very fun to read either.

If the console makers is going to care about the people who didnt own their last system, then the new console will be flooded with these remasters.

There is no reason for remasters like this. People can buy it and enjoy it. Thats fine, but it could just have been a part of PSNow.

Because some people are still hoping to change your mind and try to understand our point of view.  

It's not about the people that owned your last console, it's about everybody.  -People that never owned a Sony system, people that owned every Sony system, if it takes 6 months to give those people a second chance to play a game if they missed it the first time, then there is nothing wrong with that.  

PSNow is too expensive.  

A new game is new to everybody. A remaster isnt. So if you want to appeal to as many people as possible, you make a new game.

This giving the people who never owned a Sony console a chance to play it is BS from Sony. Im pretty sure TLOU will be in PSNow and you dont even need a PS4 to play it there.

the-pi-guy said:
KLXVER said:

A new game is new to everybody. A remaster isnt. So if you want to appeal to as many people as possible, you make a new game.

This giving the people who never owned a Sony console a chance to play it is BS from Sony. Im pretty sure TLOU will be in PSNow and you dont even need a PS4 to play it there.

A remaster is basically a free game though, that is what several have told you.  

PSNow is too expensive.  

What do you mean free? It cost you 50$...