By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why The Last of Us Remastered Shouldn’t Really Exist

Tagged games:

Do you think TLOUR shouldn't Exit?

YES 150 30.99%

NO 220 45.45%

WHO CARES? 107 22.11%

Total:477

Pfft when will you people learn that because there are some people out there that dont want this, it means the game shouldnt exist and is a terrible idea. So it doesnt matter how much you, or those that havent played it yet, want to be able to play an upgraded version on ps4. You are trumped by those that dont want it.. so its a money making scam from sony and ruining your gaming experience.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Tagged to return!

Ah shit! Im gone soon

overman1 said:
KLXVER said:
overman1 said:

ummmm.....maye be because the same people probably didnt own a PS3...?

Exactly. Why would they buy a PS4 for TLOU if it couldnt make them buy a PS3?

wha? is that the only gme available for the PS4?

What game on the PS4 would make people who didnt buy a PS3 make the jump?

KLXVER said:
naruball said:

Imagine this scenario for a second: You have an xb360 and are happy with it. You hear about TLOU and think "Darn it. Wish I could play it on my xb360. Not gonna buy a new console just for one game. I already have enough games on my xb360 to play". Next year you decide to upgrade to a current gen console. You don't like the MS policies and are on the fence which console you should buy. You then hear about that "GOTG" game that everyone talked about getting a remake on ps4 that you're thinking about buying anyway. "Sweet", you say to yourself. "Just another reason to buy a ps4". And you end up buying a ps4 over an xb1. 

You also need to take into account that TLOU came out at the end of the previous generation. I assume that people would be reluctant to buy a new console at the very end of the generation, especially if they had plans to upgrade. I mean, how likely is it for someone to buy a ps3 and an xb1/ps4 in a matter of a few months?

Well imagine this scenario: You have a PS3 and are happy with it. You hear about how Sony will remaster several of their games you already have. Wish they wouldnt do that, I would like new games and sequels on my new platform. You dont like Sonys policies regarding remasters. "Damn", you say to yourself and you end up killing a kitten. You then realize how long it takes to make a realistic AAA game and that whether the remaster was made or not, it would still take years for Naughty Dog to release Uncharted: 4. 

Fixed the last sentence for ya ;)

DerNebel said:

"In many ways, The Last of Us Remastered is the worst example of the gaming industry’s re-release trend we’ve yet seen, but it has escaped a lot of criticism by virtue of the excellent game that’s attached to it. People loved the original game, they love Naughty Dog and they love Sony as a manufacturer, mostly because they simply aren’t Microsoft. Indeed, when Microsoft unveiled theHalo: The Master Chief Collection at E3 2014, they received arguably more criticism than Sony has faced."

What a load of bullshit, the amount of hate that TLOU:R has gotten stands above any other remaster/remake this year or possibly ever.

Also this article provides a great new perspective on a topic that has not been discussed to death at all. /sarcasm

I agree but maybe that's just here?  I've seen probably 30 different threads about TLOU and very few about MCC but that doesn't mean there wasn't hate for the latter elsewhere.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
Burek said:
naruball said:

Imagine this scenario for a second: You have an xb360 and are happy with it. You hear about TLOU and think "Darn it. Wish I could play it on my xb360. Not gonna buy a new console just for one game. I already have enough games on my xb360 to play". Next year you decide to upgrade to a current gen console. You don't like the MS policies and are on the fence which console you should buy. You then hear about that "GOTG" game that everyone talked about getting a remake on ps4 that you're thinking about buying anyway. "Sweet", you say to yourself. "Just another reason to buy a ps4". And you end up buying a ps4 over an xb1. 

You also need to take into account that TLOU came out at the end of the previous generation. I assume that people would be reluctant to buy a new console at the very end of the generation, especially if they had plans to upgrade. I mean, how likely is it for someone to buy a ps3 and an xb1/ps4 in a matter of a few months?

Why do you bother? 

There will always be something to whine about, TLOUR is just one stop in a neverending voyage called Misery.

Goodbye thread...

Sad but true. 

KLXVER said:
Euphoria14 said:

Of course, whatever you say. Like I said, I am done here.

Gonna play Minecraft again with my daughter. One of those filthy Indie games that people complain about too.

Indies are fine. As long as they not remaster them after one year

Minecraft X360/ps3 is a remaster of PC version and x1/Ps4 version is a re-remaster... And around 1 year old. But since they don't call remaster Just call "console y version" then it's fine right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dont see why defending Sony on this makes you smart and understanding, while thinking its shady, then you have to be a miserable person.

DonFerrari said:

Minecraft X360/ps3 is a remaster of PC version and x1/Ps4 version is a re-remaster... And around 1 year old. But since they don't call remaster Just call "console y version" then it's fine right?

What was done with Minecraft on Ps4 and XB1?

KLXVER said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I already corrected it. It was Dead last in the US. And Sony lost a ton of money. Butting BC in the PS4 is idiotic. Like you said the PS3 had two versions and? ITS STILL LAST in US, why would they make two versions? So the losses from that could eat up the profit of the PS4? Get real.

So youre fine with Sony offering you less as long as they make money?

So let me get this straight, 

TLOUR (Season Pass + 1080p + 60fps) 49.99 < TLOU (720) 39.99/TLOU (Ebay 20.51) + Season Pass 19.99 

KLXVER said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Yes because PS Now 1) beta and 2) optional is making people pay for it.

But making people pay 600$ for a PS4 is giving them an option.

Im not sure BC would cost them 200$ to add...

Typical, you claim you want BC but you don't even know how it works. 

There are only two ways you can emulate to produce BC, hardware and software. Hardware is the cheapest and requires that the actual hardware for the emulation is included. The PS3 retails for 199. Additional cooling components and meshing it with the PS4 would make it cost even more. The other way is with a high end PC. And I mean really high end, last gen's high end could emulate PS2 games decently, we're talking upwards of 10,000 dollars here per console. If you were going to pay 10,000 dollars for a console, you might as well buy a 5000$ PC and be set for the next decade or so.

So yeah, BC would cost them at the very least 200$.

Not to mention, the PS3 unequivocally proves that its no longer a good idea. Only after removing it did the PS3 sell decently. Maybe with the PS2 it made sense but on the PS4, if they wanted to put BC in the PS4 they might have well sold PS off or face the comapny tanking.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank