By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony pulled a fast one on most of the gaming community including Microsoft

overman1 said:

Dude, you dont pay attention do you? I just gave you a good example and you just deflected.

As usual...

And you don't understand logic do you?

Anyways, the fact that Windows is an open platform is because MS allows it to be so.

On another note, what would be so bad about other publishers offering a subscription service? Maybe you don't care for EA sports games, but maybe you like a lot of Square-Enix's games, I wouldn't mind paying 30 bucks a year to be able to play a bunch of their year old games and then get discounts on their future DLC and games. Instead of payin 60 bucks for every one of their games I'd be able to pay 30 bucks a year and play their games through that.

Around the Network
Jaxyfoo said:
mindwrecker said:

LMAo you dont have a clue what yopu are talking about, it is a OPTIONAL service for renting like redbox....it is not DRM.....Ubisofts drm has nothing to do with this, it's a marketing deal MS paid for...DWERP.

It's not?  I can use that 10% discount on boxed versions? Great sign me up.  what an idiot i am.  Funnily enough i say for deal as is... sign up for, I'm just worried about where it is going.  Lets come back and find out in 12 months.

Sorry thought yuo were talking PS now...And digital should be cheaper really.

Euphoria14 said:
phaedruss said:

Yep, and people defending this move is disgusting.

Yeah of course it is, and you and many others supporting the fact that moving forward your $60/year LIVE sub (Which is more expensive than PS+) will continually be devalued. The more companies make their own subs the less games and deals you will be offered, unless that $60 yearly bill increases to once again incorporate all those publishers.

Keep viewing things from one side though. Sony are not obligated to accept anything and everything these publishers want to do.

If MS turned them down too you would still see EA titles showing up on Game for Gold and PS+.

Just quoting this again to see if phaedruss wishes to respond. I would like to know his view on MS taking the risk at shitting all over the sub he currently pays for and potentially losing many of the great features the sub provides.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

phaedruss said:

On another note, what would be so bad about other publishers offering a subscription service? Maybe you don't care for EA sports games, but maybe you like a lot of Square-Enix's games, I wouldn't mind paying 30 bucks a year to be able to play a bunch of their year old games and then get discounts on their future DLC and games. Instead of payin 60 bucks for every one of their games I'd be able to pay 30 bucks a year and play their games through that.

I already eplained that in my post to you which you ignored.

I posted it again for you.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

cannonballZ said:
I'm confused, I see no compliment. Is this a sort of slow clap for Sony?

I too question why they would deem the EA package a bad deal or not good enough for playstation. Especially with the prices they are giving on PSNow. : http://kotaku.com/playstation-now-is-still-way-too-expensive-1614022375

But I don't exactly feel duped by them. I'm not so sure DRM control was the sole reason either.

Sony actually duped those people who claim they do not want DRM. While it is actually quite the opposite.

The compliment is about still having the whole Sony enthusiasts community defending them by seeing everything positive when Sony does it but negative if someone else comes with the same exact thing. I think it is a good achievement :) 

And forgot to mention that Microsoft failed big time at that in comparison.

Around the Network

Sony isn't the bad guy here. They saved us from DRM and gave us freedom of choice and on top of it... TLOU Remastered! They also gave us the most powerful console in history and made PS+ a mandatory service to play online. The only bad guy here is Microsoft.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Sony isn't the bad guy here. They saved us from DRM and gave us freedom of choice and on top of it... TLOU Remastered! They also gave us the most powerful console in history and made PS+ a mandatory service to play online. The only bad guy here is Microsoft.

Someone is salty of PS4's successm quite sad..An optioanl rental service = bad?? LOL.

Imaginedvl said:
cannonballZ said:
I'm confused, I see no compliment. Is this a sort of slow clap for Sony?

I too question why they would deem the EA package a bad deal or not good enough for playstation. Especially with the prices they are giving on PSNow. : http://kotaku.com/playstation-now-is-still-way-too-expensive-1614022375

But I don't exactly feel duped by them. I'm not so sure DRM control was the sole reason either.

Sony actually duped those people who claim they do not want DRM. While it is actually quite the opposite.

The compliment is about still having the whole Sony enthusiasts community defending them by seeing everything positive when Sony does it but negative if someone else comes with the same exact thing. I think it is a good achievement :) 

And forgot to mention that Microsoft failed big time at that in comparison.

BS...This is totally optional like redbox..and solves the backwards compatibility issue for amny games.... You can buy physical if you wish no one is forcing you. UNLIKE MS who were trying too.

Please don't quote FlamingWeazel (mindwrecker), it's not worth it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Wow, this thread is a joke now. Started quite nicely too, just a theory. Oh well.

Hmm, pie.