By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony pulled a fast one on most of the gaming community including Microsoft

Euphoria14 said:

Some people seem to believe MS owns the PCs that run Windows.

No, but they own Windows the OPERATING SYSTEM. 

Around the Network
phaedruss said:
mindwrecker said:
phaedruss said:
taggartaa said:

I'm not sure what phaedruss was trying to get at, but there is an issue with your analogy. The release of Spotify on the psn wouldn't affect what music is available within Music Unlimited thus devalueing it. Releasing EA's subscription service would garuntee that ps+ never got another EA game, and it opens up the gate for more publishers to do the same. 

And? So what? It would offer more competition to those services.

Umm there already is, it's called buy a wii-u, play mobile, just stream, buy an x1,....there is lots of competition, sony is not in a  bubble.

A wii u? play mobile what? I'm talking about competition in subscription services.

Thats the point,,,it is just an option, no one is FORCING you to play PS now.....there are other aveneues....and if you dont like what sony is doing, go elsewhere

This whole deal reeks of the free drugs dealers give out around schools to get the kids hooked. I really didn't like the wording of things like "The entire contents of the vaults library will be available for the duration of the beta. "Makes me worry for what it will turn into after Beta, if it remains as is then it is an OK deal. I also didn't like the look of them saying they could increase the price at anytime they chose. This was the same price they wanted to launch the season ticket for Battlefield, but ultimately it ended up at the same price again. As it stands take that $30 deal and get the most for sure, but don't cry next year when Darth Vader is taking over your mining colony.

This is the DRM coming in under a false guise for me. I wondered why Ubisoft had switched DLC to XB! this year. Now I can see why, because they will be next offering this same thing for a trial price. Then Activision, and then Microsoft will offer a Gold+, and suddenly people will be paying $240 a year for year old games and wondering what happened.

It serves those bred to accept pay as you go, and who will see the daily DLC offers and such and snap up everything. For those of us with an ounce of sense we will be left high and dry, because we read the same guy using 20 alt accounts to astro turf us that it is a good plan for the future on every forum, and that was enough to swing a yes vote. Sony have said these type of games will be coming soon to PS+ anyway, so Sonys users will have to make do with paying a bit more here and there. I also wouldn't be suprised if EA/Ubisoft and the rest get in through the back door anyway. Amazon have their own digital section already for PS4, wouldn't suprise me in the least to see it on there. I would rather wheel and deal for the cheapest boxed games though, and know I can trade them in if they suck for not much less than i pay for them.

I hope all those signing their souls away to the devil don't lament if he comes to collect.

phaedruss said:
Euphoria14 said:

Point??? They have zero control over who makes a program that can run on it.

Jaxyfoo said:
This whole deal reeks of the free drugs dealers give out around schools to get the kids hooked. I really didn't like the wording of things like "The entire contents of the vaults library will be available for the duration of the beta. "Makes me worry for what it will turn into after Beta, if it remains as is then it is an OK deal. I also didn't like the look of them saying they could increase the price at anytime they chose. This was the same price they wanted to launch the season ticket for Battlefield, but ultimately it ended up at the same price again. As it stands take that $30 deal and get the most for sure, but don't cry next year when Darth Vader is taking over your mining colony.

This is the DRM coming in under a false guise for me. I wondered why Ubisoft had switched DLC to XB! this year. Now I can see why, because they will be next offering this same thing for a trial price. Then Activision, and then Microsoft will offer a Gold+, and suddenly people will be paying $240 a year for year old games and wondering what happened.

It serves those bred to accept pay as you go, and who will see the daily DLC offers and such and snap up everything. For those of us with an ounce of sense we will be left high and dry, because we read the same guy using 20 alt accounts to astro turf us that it is a good plan for the future on every forum, and that was enough to swing a yes vote. Sony have said these type of games will be coming soon to PS+ anyway, so Sonys users will have to make do with paying a bit more here and there. I also wouldn't be suprised if EA/Ubisoft and the rest get in through the back door anyway. Amazon have their own digital section already for PS4, wouldn't suprise me in the least to see it on there. I would rather wheel and deal for the cheapest boxed games though, and know I can trade them in if they suck for not much less than i pay for them.

I hope all those signing their souls away to the devil don't lament if he comes to collect.

LMAo you dont have a clue what yopu are talking about, it is a OPTIONAL service for renting like redbox....it is not DRM.....Ubisofts drm has nothing to do with this, it's a marketing deal MS paid for...DWERP.

Around the Network
phaedruss said:
overman1 said:

YOu do know PS Now is coming in as a subscription based service right? 

If so, EA access is nolified on the PS4. forget, the fact that you can play on any Sony owned product but also that you will defintely be getting more games than EA aceess can give too you. 

PS Now is for PS3 games at this point. EA access is offering newer games plus discounts on future games and DLC. Also, new games will come into the offer. EA access is by no means nullified by PS Now. You're delusional if you believe that. PSNow subscciption will also likely be 15 bucks a month at least.

Dude, the beta is on the PS4 right now...and how do you know what the price will be? calm down Tiger and dont start reaching. All we know right now is that it will be most likely be subsription based. If you can believe that EA access is a direct competion for the PS Now, why is it delusional to believe that it can be beaten out by its competior who has a monolopy on the best selling console, and has a similar subscription based format with more games from more publishers and developers? and can be played on any Sony electronics even thier TV?

If that is what you call delusional, then I guess I am then. 

phaedruss said:
Euphoria14 said:

Means diddly squat. Windows is an open platform.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

My question is, why hasn't EA approached Nintendo about this?

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

phaedruss said:
overman1 said:

No, it does not, because Spotify being on The PS4 doesnt ensure content being taken off of Music Unlimited. Spotify does not own the songs/ music on their site. If Spofity want to sell on Sony consoles and they owned their music (like EA owns their games) they can remove their songs off Music Unlimted, creating a demand for it and ensuring the customers to bagger Sony for Spotify. Like I said, doesnt make any sense. Spotify has no exclusive content that cant be on MU.

What? None of that is relevant. What is relevant is not giving customers the option between the two services and instead just blocking one so it can't compete with one being provided by the platform holder.

Dude, you dont pay attention do you? I just gave you a good example and you just deflected.

As usual...

mindwrecker said:

LMAo you dont have a clue what yopu are talking about, it is a OPTIONAL service for renting like redbox....it is not DRM.....Ubisofts drm has nothing to do with this, it's a marketing deal MS paid for...DWERP.

It's not?  I can use that 10% discount on boxed versions? Great sign me up.  what an idiot i am.  Funnily enough i say for deal as is... sign up for, I'm just worried about where it is going.  Lets come back and find out in 12 months.