By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
TB-ATL  2 SD-BUF  1 DAL-STL  1 WAS-PHI  2
HOU-NYG  1 MIN-NO  2 TEN-CIN  2 BAL-CLE  2
GB-DET  1 IND-JAC  1 OAK-NE  2 SF-ARI  2
DEN-SEA  1 KC-MIA  2 PIT-CAR  2 CHI-NYJ Chi by 10

San Fran. at Arizona seems tough to pick. Though I would not mind seeing Superchunk's team do well.

IamAwsome said:

Let me just leave this here...

LOLZ SAINTS FANS U MAD???? 

I am jealous that Samueal L. Jackson is not a Broncos fan. The video is pretty catchy.

Around the Network

Forgot to predict the Thursday game again; realized that right after the kickoff :P.

RolStoppable said:
TB-ATL

X

SD-BUF 1 DAL-STL 1 WAS-PHI 1
HOU-NYG 1 MIN-NO 1 TEN-CIN 2 BAL-CLE 1
GB-DET 1 IND-JAC 1 OAK-NE 2 SF-ARI 1
DEN-SEA 2 KC-MIA 2 PIT-CAR 2 CHI-NYJ NYJ by 3

ljigga said:
RolStoppable said:
TB-ATL 2 SD-BUF 1 DAL-STL 1 WAS-PHI 2
HOU-NYG 1 MIN-NO 2 TEN-CIN 2 BAL-CLE 1
GB-DET 1 IND-JAC 1 OAK-NE 2 SF-ARI 1
DEN-SEA 2 KC-MIA 2 PIT-CAR 2 CHI-NYJ 1 by 10

rest later

updated, hopefully better results than first 2 weeks

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

TB-ATL 2 SD-BUF 1 DAL-STL 1 WAS-PHI 2
HOU-NYG 1 MIN-NO 2 TEN-CIN 2 BAL-CLE 1
GB-DET 1 IND-JAC 1 OAK-NE 2 SF-ARI 2
DEN-SEA 1 KC-MIA 2 PIT-CAR 2 CHI-NYJ NYJ by 3

Here are this weeks picks

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

TB-ATL 2
SD-BUF 1
DAL-STL 1
WAS-PHI 2
HOU-NYG 1
MIN-NO 2
TEN-CIN 2
BAL-CLE 1
GB-DET 1
IND-JAC 1
OAK-NE 2
SF-ARI 1
DEN-SEA 1
KC-MIA 1
PIT-CAR 2
CHI-NYJ 1 by 13

Man I am worried that I have so many road teams winning. I had 11 but felt I should change some but all I felt comfortable with was changing one.

Also a reminder that I picked the Falcons before the TNF game in the post here.

Around the Network

Many picks, including mine, for Texans over Giants, yet it seems less and less likely that Arian Foster will play. As he is my main RB for Fantast, I just picked up Alfred Blue who is his backup. Hopefully he will grab the chance and run all over NY.

Also, one sad note, former Titans kicker Rob Bironas died in a car accident. Just two weeks ago I watched an interview with Terry Bradshaw, he was married to Terry's daughter, and Terry was very fond of him...

Burek said:
Many picks, including mine, for Texans over Giants, yet it seems less and less likely that Arian Foster will play. As he is my main RB for Fantast, I just picked up Alfred Blue who is his backup. Hopefully he will grab the chance and run all over NY.

Also, one sad note, former Titans kicker Rob Bironas xied in a car accident. Just two weeks ago I watched an interview with Terry Bradshaw, he was married to Terry's daughter, and Terry was very fond of him...

Man that sucks... I may dislike the current Steelers, but I have a lot of respect for the 70s team.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Foster officially out.
My 3 starting RBs are now a backup to Foster, backup to A.Peterson and a backup to Ryan Matthews.
I'm either screwed big time, or winning big time.

Well, I need to take back some stuff I said previously in this thread.

The New England defense is garbage. I really don't understand how it's worse than it was last year, but the secondary, Revis included, is getting wrecked by the Raiders.

(So far at least)

RolStoppable said:

Yeah, that sounds like a really good plan right now.

I work with no NFL fans, so the pain isnt nearly as great.