By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109

Sign me up! 

Around the Network

Manning is going to get one of his receiver's killed one of these days. That guy needs to stop throwing balls into areas where the entire opposing defense is having a team meeting. Really really hope Welker's ok. Dude needs to start thinking about his long-term health...3 concussions in 9-10 months is not good.

I will break my predictable predictions and go with Bears on top. It will be a long shot, but I really think Cutler deserves my confidence. I like him, if for nothing else, for his constant grumpyness - they could be 35-0 ahead in the 4th quarter of the Superbowl, and he'd still look like his offensive lineman ran over his pet hedgehog.
Packers #2, and a possible wild card, although in the NFC not even 10-6 record guarantees that spot.
I like Stafford, I like Megatron and Reggie Bush, but Lions seem to always find a way to defeat themselves.
Seeing that I don't support any of the teams in this division, I have no animosity toward any of the teams, and I like the Vikings as much as I like the Bears, and it is always fun to watch their rivalry matchups, some of the best games every season.

1. Chicago
2. Green Bay
3. Detroit
4. Minnesota

1: Green Bay (easily the best team in this division)

2. Chicago (If Cutler can manage to actually stay healthy a full season they might be able to get into the playoffs as a wild card)

3. Detroit (Detroit has a sub par defense along with a QB that seems content with throwing a bunch of INT and having a low completion rate along with it)

4 Minnesota ( The Vikings seem content with starting Matt Cassel for the season, by the end of the season they'll give way to Bridgewater)

1. Eagles (consistently good)
2. Cowboys (inconsistently good)
3. Redskins (low chance that they get 2nd)
4. Giants (Likewise low chance they get 3rd)

1. Packers (Solid team with a top QB)
2. Bears (Solid team)
3. Lions (did not do too bad last year iirc)
4. Vikings (Been bad since Favre retired)

Around the Network

1. Packers
2. Bears
3. Lions
4. Vikings

gergroy said:
Ugh, 49er game was terrible...

Really? I'd argue they looked terrible during the entire first-team period, at least on the offensive side of the ball. The first Niners TD in Levi's Stadium history was thrown by Blaine Gabbert!

As for the NFC North, I actually have some faith that the new Lions' head coach will stop his team from laying so many eggs. If Stafford proves to be even a league-average quarterback, i.e. on the right side of the Andy Dalton Scale, I can see them doing well on offense. Less so on defense, where the names apparently outweigh the talent. I also think the Vikings aren't going to be complete pushovers this year, sans Ponder, but they won't exactly be threatening either.

Packers, Lions, Bears, Vikings, but it'll be a closer division this year than last.

1. Green Bay
2. Chicago
3. Detroit
4. Minnesota

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
As for the NFC North, I actually have some faith that the new Lions' head coach will stop his team from laying so many eggs. If Stafford proves to be even a league-average quarterback, i.e. on the right side of the Andy Dalton Scale, I can see them doing well on offense. Less so on defense, where the names apparently outweigh the talent. I also think the Vikings aren't going to be complete pushovers this year, sans Ponder, but they won't exactly be threatening either.

Packers, Lions, Bears, Vikings, but it'll be a closer division this year than last.

Closer in what sense? You do remember that the Packers, Bears and Lions finished 8-7-1, 8-8 and 7-9, respectively, right? With those records even the Vikings didn't lag that far behind despite being dead last all season long.

I thought we had nine wins, and the Lions six. In that case, er......