By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109

count me in

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Surprised my Jets made the map at all, but then again look at how many places the Patriots (my most hated team) show up :P

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

I have to say I am very pleased with how the Broncos looked today against the 49ers. Peyton looked good. Backup QB Brock Osweiller performed just as good as Peyton.

Broncos created a lot of turnovers which is great. They need to make it a pattern. Last year they lost too many turnovers while teams like Seattle and Kansas City excelled at them. Looks like a good first step in the right direction today.

amp316 said:
noname2200 said:

You don't drop over a century of rivalry just because of a decade of Chicago incompetence yeah amp I'm putting it at a decade. Come at me bro! :P

The Bears did make the Super Bowl in 2005 so it hasn't quite been a decade yet...  Would have won it too if they had an NFL QB at the time.     

They most certainly did not go to the super bowl in 2005!!!!  That was the year the steelers lucked into a victory over the seahawks by bad ref calls!!  Seahawks should be 2 for 2 right now in super bowl wins...

the bears did go in 2007 though...

CityOfNoobs said:
Surprised my Jets made the map at all, but then again look at how many places the Patriots (my most hated team) show up :P

The Evil Empire is widely disliked, and their fan base does not endear the team to many others either. So long as they're in Boston and headed by Darth Hoodie, they'll stay on the list for at least three years after they cease being relevant.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
amp316 said:
noname2200 said:

You don't drop over a century of rivalry just because of a decade of Chicago incompetence yeah amp I'm putting it at a decade. Come at me bro! :P

The Bears did make the Super Bowl in 2005 so it hasn't quite been a decade yet...  Would have won it too if they had an NFL QB at the time.     

They most certainly did not go to the super bowl in 2005!!!!  That was the year the steelers lucked into a victory over the seahawks by bad ref calls!!  Seahawks should be 2 for 2 right now in super bowl wins...

the bears did go in 2007 though...

Yeah, I guess that you're right.  My years were all a blur back then.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

So it looks like Cleveland has two lousy QBs that don't want the starting job. Maybe Bernie Kosar or Brian Sipe is available.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Burek said:
RolStoppable said:
So what are the opinions on 33 yard extra points? I just learned about that today.

I haven't watched any games yet, but I really like the idea. Makes that 1pt worth something, instead of a 99% certainty.

I also like that the 2pt conversion will gain more popularity, I believe we will see more of those now.

I like the idea of changing the current extra point rule, but moving it to the 33 may be too extreme. It will pretty much kill any fake plays and make point-after-touchdown plays way too easy to plan for on defense. The defense will always know whether a team will truly plan to kick or go for two.

Instead, the NFL should move the line of scrimmage to the 1-yard line on PAT plays to encourage more two point conversion attempts. That way, you get more interesting PAT plays throughout the game.

amp316 said:

So it looks like Cleveland has two lousy QBs that don't want the starting job. Maybe Bernie Kosar or Brian Sipe is available.

Brady Quinn can be easily had.

amp316 said:

On a related note, I'm enjoying the Battle of the Quarterback Whisperers we've got going on here. I don't see Jimmy Clausen, Blaine Gabbert, or Matt Cassel ever amounting to much in the NFL, although the last one may make a decent effort at respectability.