By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Random Picture of the day: That sure is an awesome jump!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

So I just finished watching One Outs, and it was actually pretty interesting. While it is a baseball anime, it often felt more like a detective show, and it even reminded me a bit of Death Note and Code Geass. If you like shows with a genius main character in a battle of wits, but don't really want something heavy and super emotionally exhausting, check it out ^.^

Since I'm a masochist I added 2 more animes to this season.

Barakamon, which really is a heavy hitter this season. It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling a lot like Kawaisou. It's solid and hasn't had any slip ups yet. I'm expecting big drama towards the end(bonus points if they have the balls to kill off Naru) and if they manage to pull it off well then it could be a solid 9.

Ao Haru Ride is fairly good but it really suffers from a very weak premise that they keep going back to.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Barakamon, which really is a heavy hitter this season. It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling a lot like Kawaisou. It's solid and hasn't had any slip ups yet. I'm expecting big drama towards the end(bonus points if they have the balls to kill off Naru) and if they manage to pull it off well then it could be a solid 9.

Ao Haru Ride is fairly good but it really suffers from a very weak premise that they keep going back to.

Barakamon is great, but not really a tragedy. I doubt they kill off anyone. Having watched all the episodes til now, the anime is really relatively light in tone with a lot of feel-good moments mixed in.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:
vivster said:

Barakamon is great, but not really a tragedy. I doubt they kill off anyone. Having watched all the episodes til now, the anime is really relatively light in tone with a lot of feel-good moments mixed in.

So far it's a perfect setup for a great tragedy. You dont just make characters so lovable without the intent of killing them off. The grave visit might've been some foreshadowing. As well as the numerous instances of Naru doing something dangerous. There are a lot of kids and old people to choose from.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

vivster said:
VanceIX said:
vivster said:

So far it's a perfect setup for a great tragedy. You dont just make characters so lovable without the intent of killing them off. The grave visit might've been some foreshadowing. As well as the numerous instances of Naru doing something dangerous. There are a lot of kids and old people to choose from.

That's...actually a pretty cynical lol. I highly doubt they kill off anyone, but weirder things have happened. They would have to seriously fudge up the source material to do so.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

If you want to see a Live-Action Japanese series, then "Pushing Daisies" is as close as it gets. Check out at least the first 1 or so episodes. Here's Season 1:

VanceIX said:
vivster said:

Sounds like what Obama would be called if he was a digimon lol

Mystro-Sama said:
VanceIX said:
vivster said:

Sounds like what Obama would be called if he was a digimon lol

Barakamon digivolve to, Obamamon. (LOL)