By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Watched One Punch Man. Hilarious and much better then Boku no Hero Academia.

Good to see it getting a season 2 as well.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

Drifters ep. 1 - It alternated between awful and interesting.

Yes....it was really weird. I hope it doesnt end up like Mayoiga when I somehow keep watching it and I dont know why.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Well, here I go. I haven't yet watched Stella no Mahou but these are the ones I watched so far:

Sangatsu no Lion
Quite a bit of nothing happened in the first episode. The tone is a bit dreary and sharply contrasted by the upbeat family of girls. It's one of the better Shafts of recent memories I think. 7/10

ALL OUT!!
Probably well made, but not made for me. If I was a fangirl yearning for lots of male fanservice I'd probably rate this AOTY. DROP

Anitore! XX
Nothing changed from the first season. More useless fitness exercise with mild humor and fan service. 5/10

Bernard-jou Iwaku.
Actually quite funny little short about girls and books. 8/10

Bloodivores
Worst anime I've watched this year? Yep. DROP

Brave Witches
Not as bad as it could've been, not as good as it could've been. I'm really annoyed about the similar character design of this main girl to previous main girl. 7/10

Bubuki Buranki: Hoshi no Kyojin
Even better than the last with the addition of best girl of the season. If you're not Trigger, this is as close as you will get to Trigger. If they would only do at least a bit of exposition. The story does not explain anything that's going on.  9/10

CHEATING CRAFT
Mediocre anime with a premise that I hate. DROP

Drifters
Interesting art style and a lot of blood, but that's about it. Just boring. DROP

FLIP FLAPPERS
First Ep does not disappoint, though a slower first ep that I would've hoped. 9/10

gi(a)rlish number
I'm absolutely stunned by this one. This is how you do characterization. They even made me not like my favorite girl trope! It does not have the production values of Shirobako but is on par on everything else. Featuring the second best girl of the season. 9/10

Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou
Great as ever. Didn't expect them to actually start the first round in the first episode seeing as they have 13 episodes for one match. 8/10

Heybot!
Too crazy fast and immature for my age. Would probably be my favorite if I was 15 years younger. DROP

Hibike! Euphonium 2
High production values in everything. First double ep was a bit inconsequential for my taste. Has the chance to become a 9. 8/10

Kaijuu Girls: Ultra Kaijuu Gijinka Keikaku
Inoffensive litte short about chibi kaijuu girls learning how to kaijuu. 7/10

KEIJO!!!!!!!!
Very disappointing first ep. They risk making this interesting piece of art into another stupid generic fan service show. I read the manga a bit and I know it can be much better. 6/10

Kiitarou Shounen no Youkai Enikki
Good enough. Could become better once we get to know all the characters. 6/10

Long Riders!
Another disappointing one. I'm beginning to think that thematic animes like this are not meant for enthusiasts of said thematic. Characters are too bland and generic even for my taste. May become good if they scrap the folding bike. One plus point for mentioning hunger knock. 7/10

Lostorage incited WIXOSS
Tries to capture the dread of the original but fails in everything else. I really don't like the main girl. 6/10

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
Haven't watched the second ep yet but at the least it's a bit interesting. Probably gonna get better once it gets bloody. 7/10

Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara. 2
Still the perfect inversion of the Magical Girl trope. Still funny. 8/10

Nanbaka
With animes like this I wish I was a girl. I really love the colorful and unrestrained direction in this. Too bad the main cast is all male. If it was all female I'd probably rate it easily in my top 3. 8/10 Impending DROP

Nazotokine
Low budget short with a kinda interesting premise. Second ep is gonna decide if I'm keeping it. 6/10 Impending DROP

Nobunaga no Shinobi
Cute little short about a shinobi girl. Everything I hoped. 7/10

Occultic;Nine
Crazy fast episode with a bunch of colorful characters. Can go both ways but I hope the coming episodes are more focused. 8/10

Okusama ga Seitokaichou!+!
Still nice fanservice love comedy. Don't fix what ain't broke. 8/10

Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume
I'm growing on this one. The second episode had better art but still aboit underwhelming. Characters are nice. hated that they cut short the two matches. 8/10

SHOW BY ROCK!!#
Pretty cool first ep and cool new villains. Could be even better than the first season. 7/10

Shuumatsu no Izetta
Great production values and two great female leads. What could go wrong? 9/10

Soushin Shoujo Matoi
Interesting first ep. I hope they keep the current direction the story is headed. Not your everyday magical girl anime. 8/10

Teekyuu 8
Still too fast for my taste but still good. 7/10.

Tiger Mask W
Just kinda boring. Probably good for wrestling fans who don't watch a lot of animes. DROP

Time Bokan 24
Show for children. Not bad but not for me. DROP

To Be HERO
Really really stupid one but I like the feisty main girl. 6/10 impending DROP

TRICKSTER: Edogawa Rampo "Shounen Tantei-dan" yori
This is a really tough one. I love the direction and the OP characters. But then there's the whiny little boy. I really don't want to drop this but there is so much other good stuff this season that I might have to. 8/10 impending DROP

Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari
It's as if this anime thinks that throwing in a little girl is enough to make it endearing. It almost succeeds but still falls flat. Need to see the next ep to decide. 6/10 impending DROP

ViVid Strike!
Meh, it's Nanoha and I already watched all of the other animes. Now I have to stick to it. 6/10

WWW.WORKING!!
Even after ep 2 still an absolute disgrace to the original. If it wasn't for the main girl, aka the only interesting character in the whole show, I would have a strong urge to drop it out of spite. 6/10

This is one crazy fucking season. So many potential 9 and 10s. Even if I'm dropping all of the impending drops I'm still at 27 animes this season.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Versus_Evil said:
So what are you all (if you are that is) hoping to complete from your backlog this season? For me I'm hoping to complete.

It seems you haven't seen my list. I'd be happy if I can finish the 10 episodes from Zestiria from last season with this kind of workload.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Good god, you guys have a backlog?

Around the Network

Nanbaka couldve been my jam, but too many dudes.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

I also have a backlog of more than 50 other animes but I can't even think about them because I can barely keep up with a single season.

Well, I barely watch anime since you know I am a bit snobbish and like classical shounen and nothing else, so I don't have a lot to create a backlog with...

Damn Viv going all out with his list :p

I'm still watching stuff from last season, so I haven't fully started this season yet.

Stella no Mahou is pretty alright. Something nice to relax.