By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Drifters ep. 1 - It alternated between awful and interesting. It has my attention but more of that super-shonen impaled-by-three-spears-but-somehow-not-dead-because-of-willpower-lol crap will make me drop it.

March Comes In Like a Lion ep. 1 - Really good.

The Last Witch ep. 1 - Excellent. Looking forward to seeing where this one goes.

Tricksters ep. 1 - It was ... okay. Not making a decision yet. The Elfen Lied kid got on my nerves.

Magical Girl Rising Project ep. 1 - That was fun and I liked the little surprise.

Sound! 2 ep. 1 - Exactly what I wanted out of this anime. Very good first episode.

Flip Flappers ep. 1 - Fun. Could fall apart or turn into something amazing. We shall see.

Ocultic;Nine ep. 1 - I enjoyed it, for the most part. Looks like it has Durarararara potential.

WWW.WAGNARIA ep. 1 - Should be entertaining. Cast seems pretty good, though the first series needed Yamada to turn it from "pretty good" into "I can't wait for the next episode". Will this series have a Yamada of its own?

Ping Pong Girls ep. 1 - I liked it a lot, to be honest.

Keijo! ep. 1 - Still a bit disappointed they cut out so much of the early story but I'm certainly going to give it a chance. The characters are the heart of manga.

Still have a few left to watch.

Around the Network

TR seems nice and not a female character in sight... Seems I can dip my feet a bit...

Occult;9's first episode was complete and utter trash. Not one likeable character in the bunch, character design is unappealing, and it was clearly rushed considering it was borderline nonsense for the bulk of the episode, you know, until the clearly mentally deficient character we are first introduced to manages to go full idiot when seeing the #spoiler at the end of the episode. I can't force myself to suffer through that much suck for even another 20 minutes just hoping it might become palatable at some point.

So far this season is super okay. Nothing really great is standing out for me, and considering the season seemed like it would be one of the best in awhile, this is pretty disappointing for me.

Kiss Him, Not Me! ep. 1 was bloody hilarious. I was grinning almost the entire time. Satire all over the place, which is something I like.

Reminded me a bit of this thread when the heroine said, "Any chance I get, I pair them! This is my Way of Life!"

Read the ANN impressions afterwards and it was kind of funny to see the reviewers getting uptight about the premise. I mean, seriously? That's like getting snooty at Nichijou over goat abuse.

Don't worry, I'll watch O9 and tell you all what you're missing.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:

I thought it was interesting.  Certainly better than bland or generic.

vivster said:

If you say I'm missing anything except the worst anime of the season, I'll have a really hard time believing you. And I watched all of Taboo Tattoo, so I know terminally bad anime.

LuckyTrouble said:
vivster said:

If you say I'm missing anything except the worst anime of the season, I'll have a really hard time believing you. And I watched all of Taboo Tattoo, so I know terminally bad anime.

I finished Taboo Tatoo and it was alright. If you claim O9 to be the worst you clearly haven't seen Bloodivores.

As I see it O9 still has every potential to either suck or be great. The director definitely has some chops and now it's up to the material and the writers.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Versus_Evil said:

Incase you missed it, 2017s AOTY trailer.

Trigger animes do not compete in peasant AOTY contests. They're in the star league above that by default.

This season is crazy. Just watched Girlish number and that shit's amazing. Yet another 9.