By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY Q1 FY 2014 results: 3.5m PS3+PS4, 0.75m PSP+PSV+PSVTV. $265m net profit.

Tamron said:
MikeRox said:

Indeed, it's just half of them

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/sony-taiwan-lcd-tv-panels-half-20101207950.htm

I'll stick with my Panasonic Viera anyway ^_^

Either way, PS4 numbers are very impressive considering the thing hasn't had much in the way of exclusive system sellers yet. Does make you wonder if exclusives are as key as some people thing.

got any more 4 year old links for us?

You think they started investing more heavily in their own production again after this? Hard to give you something more recent when they haven't announced anything more recently.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
tiffac said:

Yeah and I think the restructuring goes all the way to early 2016 too.

Indeed. They'll be in the red for a while yet.

They'll be recovering from the PS3 billion dollar loss for the next decade.

Vena said:
tiffac said:

Yeah and I think the restructuring goes all the way to early 2016 too.

Indeed. They'll be in the red for a while yet.

They'll be recovering from the PS3 billion dollar loss for the next decade.

I think the decade of loses from the TV division did the brunt of the damage than whatever they lost with the PS3 but of course that's history or is it? ;)

Shinobi-san said:
VXIII said:

The Chinese smartphones manufacturers are doing incredible ( Huawei and Lenovo ), Samsung is down year over year.

Would love to see the breakdown of "Others" do you know if that info is available?

I know that Sony is doing particularly well in Europe when it comes to mobile.

HTC and Nokia didn't report shipment numbers. Blackberry at 3.7 millions. I couldn't find any further numbers.

I want to know is, How can the 3DS ship 820k last quarter and the PS4 over 2500k , Yet here week after week on the vgchartz frontpage 3DS and PS4 have about the same weekly numbers

Around the Network
GProgrammer said:
I want to know is, How can the 3DS ship 820k last quarter and the PS4 over 2500k , Yet here week after week on the vgchartz frontpage 3DS and PS4 have about the same weekly numbers

Well...3DS could've been overshipped in previous quarters, PS4 could've been overshipped this quarter and VGchartz is probably off on both.

GProgrammer said:

Overshpped in previous quarters especially the holiday one. PS4 didn't have extra shippment intill demand wasnt as big

They're turning profit so fast with PS4 it's crazy. Even with PS2 it took them more than a year to make a profit.

Turkish said:
They're turning profit so fast with PS4 it's crazy. Even with PS2 it took them more than a year to make a profit.

Guess that's due to going with off the shelf components. I for one welcome PS4 being sold at breakeven/slight profit. Hopefully MS can get their production costs down to that too, it would be a lot healthier for the industry if consoles are no longer an aggressive lossleader to software sales.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

GProgrammer said:

Vgchartz numbers aren't real, they're estimates. Ofcourse with estimates they will have errors, in this case they're GIGANTIC. Next quarter PS4 will still outship 3DS by 3:1 again and yet on these "weekly sales" they'll be close or 3DS beating PS4 until they adjust the LTD numbers lol. Remember vgchartz were pretty adamant that Xbone was outselling PS4 in the US month after month.