By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY Q1 FY 2014 results: 3.5m PS3+PS4, 0.75m PSP+PSV+PSVTV. $265m net profit.

tbone51 said:

In japan, it should be ps3>ps4 this quarter, but then again japan isnt selling anything so its a very small percentage of the 3.5mil (my guess 250k there for both ps3/ps4)

Gamescom is a very safe bet, do you think it'll be sold through or shipped? either way 9mil sold through is a sure thing now.

I would think 10 million sell through is entirely possible since its somewhere over 9 million currently. Gamescom is well over a month after these numbers so its for sure doable.

Around the Network

Well Kowenichi is a pro xbox fan and he always complain about the supperior ps4. ,,, what is new

- Moderated, Carl

krippaz said:
Well Kowenichi is a pro xbox fan and he always complain about the supperior ps4. ,,, what is new

What are you talking about? His analysis in this thread has been 100% spot on and he's been very fair.

BenVTrigger said:
tbone51 said:

In japan, it should be ps3>ps4 this quarter, but then again japan isnt selling anything so its a very small percentage of the 3.5mil (my guess 250k there for both ps3/ps4)

Gamescom is a very safe bet, do you think it'll be sold through or shipped? either way 9mil sold through is a sure thing now.

I would think 10 million sell through is entirely possible since its somewhere over 9 million currently. Gamescom is well over a month after these numbers so its for sure doable.

Yes, 6 weeks after (2 weeks of TLoU boost) Sony Quarter #s should push it 10mil sell through

BenVTrigger said:
krippaz said:

What are you talking about? His analysis in this thread has been 100% spot on and he's been very fair.

Eh he was getting very defensive when people started comparing the two.

Around the Network
phaedruss said:
BenVTrigger said:

Eh he was getting very defensive when people started comparing the two.

I told everyone to cut that crap out too. Its annoying and we don't need 100's of posts declaring "The Return of the King" and all that crap.

This is a thread to discuss Sony's financial results and how the company itself is doing. Not every single thread needs to turn into CONZOLEZ WARZZZZZZ

BenVTrigger said:

I told everyone to cut that crap out too. Its annoying and we don't need 100's of posts declaring "The Return of the King" and all that crap.

This is a thread to discuss Sony's financial results and how the company itself is doing. Not every single thread needs to turn into CONZOLEZ WARZZZZZZ

Lol see this is the defensiveness I'm talking about. It's not console wars, it's comparing sales. He wasn't complaining about people saying, "return of the king" he was complaining about people even comparing them.

phaedruss said:

Lol see this is the defensiveness I'm talking about. It's not console wars, it's comparing sales. He wasn't complaining about people saying, "return of the king" he was complaining about people even comparing them.

Defensiveness...........I'm a PS4 primarily user. I mean I haven't turned on my Xbox One litteraly since Titanfall came out.

Its annoying. Period. We have litteraly hundreds of threads a day with users of both sides circle jerking each other over whose "team" is better. It's stupid, childish, and pretty gross honestly. Can we not have one thread where we can look at the actual topic, which is Sony's performance and overall health of the company, without immediatly devolving into the same bull shit we can read in nearly every other thread?

You would wish, or I would guess hope, that there was more maturity in the gaming community.

BenVTrigger said:
phaedruss said:

Defensiveness...........I'm a PS4 primarily user. I mean I haven't turned on my Xbox One litteraly since Titanfall came out.

Its annoying. Period. We have litteraly hundreds of threads a day with users of both sides circle jerking each other over whose "team" is better. It's stupid, childish, and pretty gross honestly. Can we not have one thread where we can look at the actual topic, which is Sony's performance and overall health of the company, without immediatly devolving into the same bull shit we can read in nearly every other thread?

You would wish, or I would guess hope, that there was more maturity in the gaming community.

Yes you would, which is why people should be able to handle the consoles being compared without whining about it.

Ok back to topic .. I am pleased to see the better HW unit winning !