By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MK8 now the best selling game of this year (per platform :-)

jlmurph2 said:
gcube2000 said:

The reality is MK Wii had 6 years to sell. MK Wii had a much higher install base and it sold only about double of MK8 if it were relased at the same time.

Mario Kart Wii had waaaaay more competition on the Wii than MK8 on Wii U as you can see from this.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/39579/Global/

compared to this

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41826/Global/

For July 5th 2014 there's only one Wii U game in the top 30. The Wii had 10 games in the top 30.

Thats what I was looking for. Even Xbox One which has less install base sells games better than wii u. From hardware wise and software wise wii u is very unimpressive. Thanks for the data and opening our eyes.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Tamron said:

Why does so much of this have to happen when it comes to wiiu

Ok we feel bad. The WiiU is doomed. Our life now has less meaning.

Feel better?

read my edit.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to wrap their head around the concept of sales of a single SKU when comparing a single-platform exclusive to a game available on five platforms.

Especially given how much those same people probably LOVE to compare a single SKU of a game against a different one of the same game.

Tamron said:

Can't we just say "its selling great for a WiiU title and leave it at that?

Original title was making it difficult. First OP omits watch dogs number and then forgets to add "till now" word. You cant blame the criticism.

daredevil.shark said:

To OP: "Mariokart 8 is the best selling shipped game of this year till now.

Lol. You cleverly omitted watch dogs. This is how most of the nintendo guys / girls acts. Cant blame. Oh well. I will play by your rules. "Destiny" in PS4 will be best selling game in 2014.

And compared to 35 million sales of mariokart wii this 2.8 million number looks very poor. Its hardly an achievement. This is reality.

I don't think the op meant to say anything about Nintendo looking good, just that there is a relevent story.  I came into this thread thinking it was true numbers.  That was just amazing to me how much they've already recieved in return, but it's just shipped apparently.  And if your numbers of 35 million is true sales of wii, then that just bodes well for Nintendo.  If 101million wii owner bought over 35 Million copies of mkwii, imagine how much they'll sell in months to come.  This game may have some legs like what Mario 3d world did for the 3DS.  Or Mario Kart 7.  The pokemon x and Y has been in and out a thorn in the top ten since its release October of last year. That is of course if Nintendo can get their Wii u out there.  We'll see.

Yeah, i don't think MK8 is the best selling game of the year, just because they don't have the numbers of PS4 is selling like.  Until sales starts picking up, I'm giving best selling game to someone else.  Their current sales plummeting week after week with no sign of resurgence.  I just don't think they can.  It all depends on what the sales numbers are for last week.  If numbers are down again, I'm giving up and not even considerng them for most sells. 

Around the Network
Tamron said:

Can't we just say "its selling great for a WiiU title" and leave it at that?

No. Nintendo or Wii U isn't allowed to have anything good happen. Gamers must hop on and immediately try to discredit it . Thus is the way of the internet lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Ouroboros24 said:

I don't think the op meant to say anything about Nintendo looking good, just that there is a relevent story.  I came into this thread thinking it was true numbers.  That was just amazing to me how much they've already recieved in return, but it's just shipped apparently.  And if your numbers of 35 million is true sales of wii, then that just bodes well for Nintendo.  If 101million wii owner bought over 35 Million copies of mkwii, imagine how much they'll sell in months to come.  This game may have some legs like what Mario 3d world did for the 3DS.  Or Mario Kart 7.  The pokemon x and Y has been in and out a thorn in the top ten since its release October of last year. That is of course if Nintendo can get their Wii u out there.  We'll see.

Yeah, i don't think MK8 is the best selling game of the year, just because they don't have the numbers of PS4 is selling like.  Until sales starts picking up, I'm giving best selling game to someone else.  Their current sales plummeting week after week with no sign of resurgence.  I just don't think they can.  It all depends on what the sales numbers are for last week.  If numbers are down again, I'm giving up and not even considerng them for most sells. 

I dont like to repeat myself but for you I am mentioning it again.

Who is stopping nintendo to sell wii u like wii? Me? Or their poor decisions.

daredevil.shark said:
jlmurph2 said:
gcube2000 said:

The reality is MK Wii had 6 years to sell. MK Wii had a much higher install base and it sold only about double of MK8 if it were relased at the same time.

Mario Kart Wii had waaaaay more competition on the Wii than MK8 on Wii U as you can see from this.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/39579/Global/

compared to this

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41826/Global/

For July 5th 2014 there's only one Wii U game in the top 30. The Wii had 10 games in the top 30.

Thats what I was looking for. Even Xbox One which has less install base sells games better than wii u. From hardware wise and software wise wii u is very unimpressive. Thanks for the data and opening our eyes.

Yes the Wii sold like a monster back then.  that's why there's 10 Wii games in the top 30. and install base matters. There's barley games that sell much better on Xbox One than Wii U. If you're talking about CoD or AC those games don't sell well on Nintendo systems. And install base matters. A game on Wii U can't sell 10 million units on a 6.68 million install base. But it can on a 30 million selling console. It doesn't matter if MK Wii had more compitition. The point is it doesn't matter the Wii had more people to buy it. Do you really think a little compitition to MK Wii can compare to a MK8... that's on the slowest selling Nintendo console of all time. except the VB. The thing that should open our eyes is that MK Wii was on a system selling like hot cakes and MK8 is on a console that isn't doing well.

daredevil.shark said:
Ouroboros24 said:

...Yes

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

daredevil.shark said:
Ouroboros24 said:

I think you do like repeating yourself.  It's fun, isn't it?  Geting into it with someone online. 

"Even though I though knew exactly how you felt about me Machoman.  At this point I was letting everything slide, Brother!  I was just hoping that cancer that was tearing you apart might go to remission that everything would straighten itself out.  But when I saw Akeem and the big bossman coming down on you.  There was no way I was gonna let the big boss man brutalize you with a stick like he did to me.  And as far our manager goes , Elizabeth, there was no way I was gonna get into the danger zone.  Tht’s why I was there, Brother.  Right where you needed me." --Hulk Hogan Promo on Randy Savage, leading up to Wrestlemania V.

What do you gotta say to that, Brother?