By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q1 Earnings April-June

GoldenTriforce said:
I did a couple of calculations on my ipod, and if Nintendo keeps up this 60k average consistently throughout the fiscal year, plus spikes for game releases and a huge one for the holidays, Nintendo can defiantly reach 3.6M by the end of the fiscal year.

2.43M+500k equals 2.93M without any spikes from game releases, and if we add 1M (1M is what the holiday was last year) for the holidays, an 500k for the game releaases that are not part of the holiday, we get 4.43M units.

Around the Network
GoldenTriforce said:
I did a couple of calculations on my ipod, and if Nintendo keeps up this 60k average consistently throughout the fiscal year, plus spikes for game releases and a huge one for the holidays, Nintendo can defiantly reach 3.6M by the end of the fiscal year.

I'd say 60k is probably unlikely to sustain. They will probably start to drift below 60k as the MK8 free game promotion ends. That said 3.6 mill for the fiscal year should be quite achievable, it was a very conservative forecast to begin with. I think they'll hit 4 million. Which still isn't a great number, but it's better than last year obviously. 

Soundwave said:
Negativity is to be expected, they lost money again and hardware sales are poor.

Contrary to what's being stated in this thread Nintendo's never operated under the assumption that 3 quarters of the year being unprofitable is just fine, lol. This is a company that prior to this generation had like 1 unprofitable quarter in like 25 years.

I was bored and used Nintendos financial reports to make this:

I think that's very telling and shows that Nintendo always had an operating loss for the whole year when they had an operating loss in the first quarter, let's see if it changes this year.

DerNebel said:

I was bored and used Nintendos financial reports to make this:

<sweet graph>

I think that's very telling and shows that Nintendo always had an operating loss for the whole year when they had an operating loss in the first quarter, let's see if it changes this year.

Awesome graph! FY11 is certainly among the more interesting years with big operating loss in Q1, but things came out even by years end whereas other years had smaller Q1 losses, but an overall bigger loss.

Getting both the handheld and home console running successfully seems to be key.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Dunban67 said:
KLXVER said:
If SSB4U and the Amiibos doesnt do much for the WiiU, then Ill admit to the WiiU being a failure.

You can quote me on that one.

What is your definition of "do much"?   Like mk8 SSB WILL sell some software and hardware - no one would deny that - but how much wil it need to sell? 

Around 100K weekly for the next year.

Around the Network
GoldenTriforce said:

Q1 is never a profotable part of the year, plus ttheya re still suffering losses from the last quarter, and are most likely preparing QoL and Ammibo. By next quater we may see a again

By never a profitable quarter you mean every year Q1 was profitable from 2003 (when they started releasing earnings quarterly) until 2011 when the 3DS kicked off Nintendo's recent lack of profitability.

Also losses suffered last quarter were recorded last quarter, not sure what you even mean by that.

EDIT: Should have kept reading through the thread because DerNebel covered the first point, with a nice graph as well.

Soundwave said:
GoldenTriforce said:

I'd say 60k is probably unlikely to sustain. They will probably start to drift below 60k as the MK8 free game promotion ends. That said 3.6 mill for the fiscal year should be quite achievable, it was a very conservative forecast to begin with. I think they'll hit 4 million. Which still isn't a great number, but it's better than last year obviously. 

Yes but with other games comming out, they may be able to saty at about 60;. Even if they go to about 50 though, 3.6M is likely

GoldenTriforce said:

Yes but with other games comming out, they may be able to saty at about 60;. Even if they go to about 50 though, 3.6M is likely

What games?

Tagged

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

phaedruss said:
GoldenTriforce said:

What games?

Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Whatever games come out Q1 2015