By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q1 Earnings April-June

phaedruss said:
GoldenTriforce said:

Yes but with other games comming out, they may be able to saty at about 60;. Even if they go to about 50 though, 3.6M is likely

What games?

Hyrule Warriors
Wii Sports Club
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
Watch Dogs
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Splatoon
Yoshi's Wooly World
Dragon Quest X (Japan)
Monster Hunter Frontier G5 (Japan)
Sonic Boom
Mario Maker

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
phaedruss said:

What games?

Hyrule Warriors
Wii Sports Club
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
Watch Dogs
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Splatoon
Yoshi's Wooly World
Dragon Quest X (Japan)
Sonic Boom
Mario Maker

How dare you not to mention X... How dare you!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

AnthonyW86 said:

Hmm it's a little overtracked here then, probably in Europe.

It's probably not just Europe.  As of June 29th, VGC has the 3DS at 15.789m in Japan.  That is a gap of 361k with Nintendo's shipped numbers.  Worldwide the gap is 410k.  Though I guess it could be possible that European VGC numbers are significantly higher than shipped numbers which would allow NA numbers to be fine.

The platform totals numbers are more recent than the end of June, but that has Europe plus Rest of World at 15.5m compared to Nintendo shipping 13.16m to territories outside of Japan and the Americas.  Another wrinkle is that VGC would be counting Latin America in there while Nintendo isn't (I think).  However I doubt LA plus the extra 3 weeks of sales make up for the 2.34m diference.

Ok, scratch all that, the Platform Totals number doesn't even match the weekly numbers.  Overall I'd imagine the 3DS is at least 500k overtracked.

Slarvax said:

As much as I'd love for X to launch this fiscal year, I'm absolutely certain it won't.   These games at least should.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:

Hyrule Warriors
Wii Sports Club
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
Watch Dogs
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Splatoon
Yoshi's Wooly World
Dragon Quest X (Japan)
Sonic Boom
Mario Maker

DQX and MH are already out.  Wii Sports club has been out for ages for download and the retail release seemed to have no impact anywhere.  Several of the others aren't coming till Q4 at the earliest and are listed as first half which could easily fall into next fiscal year.

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
Viper1 said:

Hyrule Warriors
Wii Sports Club
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
Watch Dogs
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Splatoon
Yoshi's Wooly World
Dragon Quest X (Japan)
Sonic Boom
Mario Maker

DQX and MH are already out.  Wii Sports club has been out for ages for download and the retail release seemed to have no impact anywhere.  Several of the others aren't coming till Q4 at the earliest and are listed as first half which could easily fall into next fiscal year.

That's a lot of nitpicking...

Viper1 said:
Slarvax said:

As much as I'd love for X to launch this fiscal year, I'm absolutely certain it won't.   These games at least should.

Out of Splatoon, Mario Maker and Yosh's Wooly World, which are all scheduled for first half of 2015, I think at least one will not be out before the next fiscal year.

Yakuzaice said:
Viper1 said:

Hyrule Warriors
Wii Sports Club
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
Watch Dogs
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Splatoon
Yoshi's Wooly World
Dragon Quest X (Japan)
Sonic Boom
Mario Maker

Yep. Splatoon is 2015, probably summer. The only significant title there is Super smash brothers.

phaedruss said:

Yep. Splatoon is 2015, probably summer. The only significant title there is Super smash brothers.

Cool. Now who will win the 2018 World Cup?

Clyde32 said:

That's a lot of nitpicking...

Nearly half the list already being out or very likely not being out for the fiscal year doesn't really seem like nitpicking.  Could have gotten into inclusions of the first Bayonetta or Watch Dogs if I wanted to do that.