By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LBP3 on PS3 - When will listwars be more progressive?

Seriously though, there are bigger things to worry about...than lists.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
larrysdirtydrawss said:
LBP3 isn't exclusives, just like TF wasn't. Thing is, the PS4 doesn't need exclusives to sell so it doesn't matter.

its a sony owned ip,its exclusive to their family of consoles. its a playstation itself exclusives that you cant get on another companies platform(S)... titan fall is on something else not owned by ms, that ppl can buy without owning a ms console,...a computer...... you want lbp3,you gotta buy a sony platform,because its exclusive to the playstation only family... this aint difficult.

Except that MS owns windows which is the other platform where TF is availible.

I have a PS4

and don't play the "victim" people making that kind of partial lists to try to show only an angle that makes their argument or preferred console look better than it should happens on both sides of the arguments on this (honestly I was certain only xbox fans did this).

Anyway, your conclusion is obviously right, any list war should include complete list of games that had a proper reveal (I have seen lists of exclusives for the xb1 that included a Gears of War title that was barely mentioned, but as far as I know never even properly revealed, not even a teaser trailer).

So what should be in those:

Games that we know are in development, but were not revealed, can they legitimately be on? (Gears of War by Black Tusk for the XB1 and the unknown games the Sony studios are working on, Santa Monica, Studio Japan, etc.)

Games that only have 1 or 2 reveal trailers, do they count? (Uncharted 4 and Halo 5 by example)

Games that had a gameplay reveal, but it may not have been representative, should they be included? (just flashes, very few played behind closed doors)? (I think bloodborn and quantum break are in this category)

Games that do not have a set release date, are they concrete enough? (sometimes we feel a lot was shown, yet... no date)

We are left with the released and close to release games, these are concrete enough for most people to call fair, and any of these titles should be included, exclusive or not.

But in all cases there are intangibles, I guess you are an Halo far, I don't particularly like Halo... but I really like God of War, guess what, if there were 25 Halo games on the XB1 all running at 1080p 60fps it would not make me salivate as much as a God of War 3 remake :-/ and even less compared to a God of War 4 or some kind of descendant would make me go wild! This is my bias, and lists cannot account for that, if you offer someone something they want, you can offer them a million things they don't want in exchange that won't interest them.

Doesn't it depend on the purpose of the list? If you are listing things that can only be played on one brand of console, then the cross gen exclusives go on the list. If you are listing games that can only be played on one specific console then the cross gen games don't go on the list. If you are making a list to try to demonstrate some sort of difference between 2 consoles not of the same brand then cross generation games would go on the list. If you're listing games as the reason people should upgrade from last gen to this gen, then obviously cross gen games should not be on the list.

If people were clear in communicating the intent of their list, then responder will have a sound basis for judging whether the list has all legitimate entries or some illegitimate entries.

I think in the case of LBP3 there would have been noise from Sony fans if it was PS3 only, but other than that it seems like it's a good addition to the PS4 library even though it won't push hardware sales forward. I expect it is a system justifier though. "hey honey, I can buy a PS4 now because there's this really cool game for the kids, so we can make it a 'family' Christmas present, right?"

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I agree, this thread is based on a strawman. However, the tone seems to be civil enough so far, so i'll let this one slide.

Any moderatable post happens, though, and the whole thing will get taken down like a rabid coyote, so beware.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Wright said:
platformmaster918 said:
"Only on Playstation" is on the box not "only on PS4"

There are games that have "Only on Xbox 360 & Windows" though.

and that's very clear and correct.  PC is not part of the Xbox ecosystem ie not a system seller.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Mr Khan said:
I agree, this thread is based on a strawman. However, the tone seems to be civil enough so far, so i'll let this one slide.

Any moderatable post happens, though, and the whole thing will get taken down like a rabid coyote, so beware.

I think the oposition doesn't hold LBP3 high enough for this to become a hot debate.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

LBP was the reason I bought PS3!

Gravity Rush the reason I bought the PS Vita! <3

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

Anfebious said:
We Sony fans don't care about that kind of things, exclusives are exclusives and that's what matters. LBP is a Playstation exclusive.

It isn't exclusive to PS4 though. So it isn't exclusive. Soooooo does LBP3 cease to exist now?

Sounds like to me your are open to progressive lists that are "multiplats on one console but not the other, as well as exclusives". Good on you :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DonFerrari said:
Sales
If we talk about console exclusives FM H2, Titanfall, LBP3 and TLOUR qualifies for list wars.
If we talk about platform exclusives then TF is out.
If it's true exclusives then none qualify. We stretch definition to fit fmh2 as being from different devs or TLOUR because of name and minute diffs, but we both know none of these are true exclusives and shouldn't be on list wars. Now regarding enticing customer to buy one hw instead of other they all count.
And you are the first person I see wanting to put LBP3 on the listwar of exclusives. If any Sony fan that disregarded TF from listwarz put LBP3 you can call him a hypocrite.

So basically there is a high likelihood of future list wars being "platform exclusives", since LBP3 would count and Titanfall would still be out. Otherwise thank you for that response, especially that last sentence.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.