By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LBP3 on PS3 - When will listwars be more progressive?

sales2099 said:
Zekkyou said:

It's not a PS4 exclusive, but it is a PlayStation exclusive. Same way FH2 isn't an X1 exclusive, but it is an Xbox exclusive. If someone wants to play either of those games they're going to have to enter MS/Sony's gaming ecosystem. That's a win for them either way (and why they've opted to do it).

TitanFall on the other hand is on PC, a platform outside MS's gaming ecosystem. They may own Windows, but they don't get royalties from games sales, they don't gain any potential sales from a new Xbox owner and don't have the opportunity to sell them XBL. Unlike the purchase of FH2 or LBP3, no console maker profits from a sale on PC. In-fact that PC sale is a lost potential console sale.

Brand exclusives pose less value to an individual platform than a "true" exclusive, but a lot more than something on PC.

Yep, guess were going the platform exclusives route instead of true exclusive route. Of that I am happy to hear at least.

The Titanfall explanation (and subsequently its banishment from a Xbox 1 list comparison), just isn't right though. It can't be on the list, yet it is the highest selling Xbox 1 game, it isn't available on PS4, and was a system seller. Do we just ignore that out of some technicality? That is my point. Titanfall is something that Xbox One has over PS4, and we are to sweep it under the rug? But we count FH2 and LBP3 just because their multiplats on previous generations (but not exclusives all the same)?

TF wasn't "banished" .There are no universal parameters for what can and can't be done. There is no handbook of rules limiting which types of comparisons can be made. No "lol i'm not really on 2 other platforms" cards for games that sell well.

Contrary to the opinions of this strawman you have invented to represent non-MS fans, there is no controversy. There are different lists for comparing different things, same as always. Heck, i included both console and true exclusive graphs in my metacritic thread last year. Why? Because they're different things.

Brand exclusives do add more potential value to a brand than something available to anyone with a PC armed with 4GB of RAM and a mid range GPU from 5 years ago, but ultimately they're still multi-plats.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:
Sales
If we talk about console exclusives FM H2, Titanfall, LBP3 and TLOUR qualifies for list wars.
If we talk about platform exclusives then TF is out.
If it's true exclusives then none qualify. We stretch definition to fit fmh2 as being from different devs or TLOUR because of name and minute diffs, but we both know none of these are true exclusives and shouldn't be on list wars. Now regarding enticing customer to buy one hw instead of other they all count.
And you are the first person I see wanting to put LBP3 on the listwar of exclusives. If any Sony fan that disregarded TF from listwarz put LBP3 you can call him a hypocrite.

So basically there is a high likelihood of future list wars being "platform exclusives", since LBP3 would count and Titanfall would still be out. Otherwise thank you for that response, especially that last sentence.

It was on purpose that you ignored the part that you are the only one interested in putting lbp3 in listing wars so you can push your "progressive" point??

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."