By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LBP3 on PS3 - When will listwars be more progressive?

overman1 said:
Wright said:
platformmaster918 said:
"Only on Playstation" is on the box not "only on PS4"

There are games that have "Only on Xbox 360 & Windows" though.

Exact which means someone like me who is a predominantly PS4 gamer can easily get it because I own a gaming PC. For LBP 3, you will have to buy PS brand console. either the PS3 or the PS4. it is your only choice. also, Titanfall will be coming to the Mac...so it  will not even be a Microsoft exclusive anymore.

In the end, both Titanfall and LBP3 are mutliplats in the context that XB1 and PS4 aren't the only place to play them. As far as gen 7 PS arguments go, it is as simple as that and that can't be worked around.

So either we count these games regardless of exclusivity because at the end of the day, they are on one but not the other.....or you can do what I was afraid of and change "Exclusive list" to "Platform Exclusive List".

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
overman1 said:
Wright said:
platformmaster918 said:
"Only on Playstation" is on the box not "only on PS4"

There are games that have "Only on Xbox 360 & Windows" though.

Exact which means someone like me who is a predominantly PS4 gamer can easily get it because I own a gaming PC. For LBP 3, you will have to buy PS brand console. either the PS3 or the PS4. it is your only choice. also, Titanfall will be coming to the Mac...so it  will not even be a Microsoft exclusive anymore.

In the end, both Titanfall and LBP3 are mutliplats in the context that XB1 and PS4 aren't the only place to play them. As far as gen 7 PS arguments go, it is as simple as that and that can't be worked around.

So either we count these games regardless of exclusivity because at the end of the day, they are on one but not the other.....or you can do what I was afraid of and change "Exclusive list" to "Platform Exclusive List".

either way, LBP3 is a playstation exclusive....titanfall is not a MS exclusive...i can play it on my Macbook Pro

sales2099 said:
Anfebious said:
We Sony fans don't care about that kind of things, exclusives are exclusives and that's what matters. LBP is a Playstation exclusive.

It isn't exclusive to PS4 though. So it isn't exclusive. Soooooo does LBP3 cease to exist now?

Sounds like to me your are open to progressive lists that are "multiplats on one console but not the other, as well as exclusives". Good on you :)

It's not a PS4 exclusive, but it is a PlayStation exclusive. Same way FH2 isn't an X1 exclusive, but it is an Xbox exclusive. If someone wants to play either of those games they're going to have to enter MS/Sony's gaming ecosystem. That's a win for them either way (and why they've opted to do it).

TitanFall on the other hand is on PC, a platform outside MS's gaming ecosystem. They may own Windows, but they don't get royalties from games sales, they don't gain any potential sales from a new Xbox owner and don't have the opportunity to sell them XBL. Unlike the purchase of FH2 or LBP3, no console maker profits from a sale on PC. In-fact that PC sale is a lost potential console sale.

Brand exclusives pose less value to an individual platform than a "true" exclusive, but a lot more than something on PC.

overman1 said:
sales2099 said:

either way, LBP3 is a playstation exclusive....titanfall is not a MS exclusive...i can play it on my Macbook Pro

You sound like a gen 7 Xbox fan...and I sound like a gen 7 PS fan (shivers).

Titanfall isn't on PS4. LBP3 isn't on Xbox One. That is really all that matters. Both are multiplats. You gave me your answer. Guess I am going to see lots of "Platform Exclusive lists" this year.

At least "Exclusive lists" are now most likely dead (to accomodate LBP3). You are technically doing multiplats now.......of which I am happy to see you guys are slowly being more progressive.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
overman1 said:
sales2099 said:

You sound like a gen 7 Xbox fan...and I sound like a gen 7 PS fan (shivers).

Titanfall isn't on PS4. LBP3 isn't on Xbox One. That is really all that matters. Both are multiplats. You gave me your answer. Guess I am going to see lots of "Platform Exclusive lists" this year.

At least "Exclusive lists" are now most likely dead (to accomodate LBP3). You are technically doing multiplats now.......of which I am happy to see you guys are slowly being more progressive.

lol funny you say that because I am a big halo fan , because of that i owned a 360 and played/still play often 

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
sales2099 said:
Anfebious said:
We Sony fans don't care about that kind of things, exclusives are exclusives and that's what matters. LBP is a Playstation exclusive.

It isn't exclusive to PS4 though. So it isn't exclusive. Soooooo does LBP3 cease to exist now?

Sounds like to me your are open to progressive lists that are "multiplats on one console but not the other, as well as exclusives". Good on you :)

It's not a PS4 exclusive, but it is a PlayStation exclusive. Same way FH2 isn't an X1 exclusive, but it is an Xbox exclusive. If someone wants to play either of those games they're going to have to enter MS/Sony's gaming ecosystem. That's a win for them either way (and why they've opted to do it).

TitanFall on the other hand is on PC, a platform outside MS's gaming ecosystem. They may own Windows, but they don't get royalties from games sales, they don't gain any potential sales from a new Xbox owner and don't have the opportunity to sell them XBL. Unlike the purchase of FH2 or LBP3, no console maker profits from a sale on PC. In-fact that PC sale is a lost potential console sale.

Brand exclusives pose less value to an individual platform than a "true" exclusive, but a lot more than something on PC.

Yep, guess were going the platform exclusives route instead of true exclusive route. Of that I am happy to hear at least.

The Titanfall explanation (and subsequently its banishment from a Xbox 1 list comparison), just isn't right though. It can't be on the list, yet it is the highest selling Xbox 1 game, it isn't available on PS4, and was a system seller. Do we just ignore that out of some technicality? That is my point. Titanfall is something that Xbox One has over PS4, and we are to sweep it under the rug? But we count FH2 and LBP3 just because their multiplats on previous generations (but not exclusives all the same)?

It's been already said multiple times, but I'll say it anyway. Titanfall is on PC. LBP 3 is not. If you want to play LBP 3, you have to get a Playstation system. However, I can play Titanfall without having to buy an Xbox system. Strawman OP indeed...

Aura7541 said:
It's been already said multiple times, but I'll say it anyway. Titanfall is on PC. LBP 3 is not. If you want to play LBP 3, you have to get a Playstation system. However, I can play Titanfall without having to buy an Xbox system.

But both aren't exclusive to one console.

I get the idea now and got my answer. Listwars will move from "Exclusive" to "PS/MS Exclusive". At the cost of your principles of gen 7, you can accomodate LBP3, meanwhile ensuring Titanfall doesn't exist (despite its obvious contributions to Xbox 1). Clever girl.

sales2099 said:
Aura7541 said:
It's been already said multiple times, but I'll say it anyway. Titanfall is on PC. LBP 3 is not. If you want to play LBP 3, you have to get a Playstation system. However, I can play Titanfall without having to buy an Xbox system.

I get the idea now and got my answer. Listwars will move from "Exclusive" to "PS/MS Exclusive". At the cost of your principles of gen 7, you can accomodate LBP3, meanwhile ensuring Titanfall doesn't exist (despite its obvious contributions to Xbox 1). Clever girl.

Oh no, I'm not saying that Titanfall didn't contribute anything to the X1. 3rd parties definitely sometimes move more hardware sales for one system than the other, like Watch Dogs.

Aura7541 said:
sales2099 said:
Aura7541 said:

Oh no, I'm not saying that Titanfall didn't contribute anything to the X1. 3rd parties definitely sometimes move more hardware sales for one system than the other, like Watch Dogs.

lol here we go. Yes, Watch Dogs is a pretend exclusive (see sig). But Watchdogs has a 360/X1 version and Titanfall isn't available on PS3 or PS4.

That is kinda a big difference.