By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: The Master Chief Collection PC Listing Appears

I've been playing Halo on PC for awhile now.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Did at least anyone here beside me go to amazon.es? This is false news, guys. You can easily check by yourself.

It has been "fixed" now but it was listed as a platform before. Probably just a mistake but with them showing a PC build with PC prompts implemented (which takes time and effort to implement so not a mistake) at E3, Halo listings in the Steam database, the producer of all things Halo mentioning consoles and PC when talking about the future of the franchise. Plus Phil Spencer claiming a renewed focus on PC gaming (I will belive it when I see it) with MS releasing upgraded versions of their RTS games on Steam, Halo: Spartan Assault, Project Spark and Fable Anniversary coming to PC direct from MS. Also when asked whether it would come to PC he responded that there was no reason that it couldn't but he had nothing planned at the time which is the same thing Capcom said about Dead Rising 3. There is a lot of smoke, it remains to be seen if there is actualy fire.

http://apgnation.com/archives/2014/07/28/4408/leak-amazon-listing-reveals-existance-pc-version-halo-master-chief-collection

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
walsufnir said:
Did at least anyone here beside me go to amazon.es? This is false news, guys. You can easily check by yourself.

It has been "fixed" now but it was listed as a platform before. Probably just a mistake but with them showing a PC build with PC prompts implemented (which takes time and effort to implement so not a mistake) at E3, Halo listings in the Steam database, the producer of all things Halo mentioning consoles and PC when talking about the future of the franchise. Plus Phil Spencer claiming a renewed focus on PC gaming (I will belive it when I see it) with MS releasing upgraded versions of their RTS games on Steam, Halo: Spartan Assault, Project Spark and Fable Anniversary coming to PC direct from MS. Also when asked whether it would come to PC he responded that there was no reason that it couldn't but he had nothing planned at the time which is the same thing Capcom said about Dead Rising 3. There is a lot of smoke, it remains to be seen if there is actualy fire.

http://apgnation.com/archives/2014/07/28/4408/leak-amazon-listing-reveals-existance-pc-version-halo-master-chief-collection

Ah, thanks for the info. I doubt it will be released on PC when it launches on Xbox One and I think it will highly depend on sales success if they will release it later for PC.

For PC gamers I wish them that they also get the MCC, it has an amazing and unrivaled value!

Actually,Capcom directorly said they won't bring DR3 to PC,not "maybe but no plans for now"
Btw,i bet PC won't get full MCC,only Halo 1-3

Given how dicey they have been answering questions about a PC version, I think it's more a question of when rather than if it's coming.

Around the Network
IkePoR said:
If Halo comes to PC, Xbox One is officially worthless.

Pretty much.

D-Joe said:
Actually,Capcom directorly said they won't bring DR3 to PC,not "maybe but no plans for now"
Btw,i bet PC won't get full MCC,only Halo 1-3

Well ok they did say that at one point, I forgot they straight lied at one point. But I guess the chances of the MCC coming to PC must be better then lol. they also said some non committal things tho. For example

"No news to share on that front at this point. Sorry."

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29962247/pc-version-of-dead-rising-3?post_num=22#533180011

"No comment"

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/18244/20130612/dead-rising-3-pc-port-inquiry-gets.htm

There is also the part where they started developing it for PC

“We targeted high-end PC at the start, and then we partnered with [Microsoft] and started trying to figure out how we can get this on console. When we started this years ago we knew we wanted to push the bar and just go as far as we could.”

http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3325369

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

IkePoR said:

So, that means  games like Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound don't exist anymore?

EDIT: Also, this listing doesn't necessary mean that Halo 5 will also come out for PC..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

i forget where i read it, but someone asked phil spencer on pc games and how ms has dropped the ball when it comes to pc games and he said something along the lines of getting back into it in a big way.

this could be true, new sheriff in town.

AZWification said:
IkePoR said:

So, that means  games like Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound don't exist anymore?

EDIT: Also, this listing doesn't necessary mean that Halo 5 will also come out for PC..

He is right. He mentioned "if". That "if" makes his comment precise.