By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Destiny overhyped like Titanfall??

Deffinately over hyped, only cause of all the people saying it will outsell GTA V, seems like it deserves most of the hype though

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
phaedruss said:
JayWood2010 said:

Why does everyone use ratings to base their arguments on? Use your own opinions.

My opinion is that it is a good game and people need to not obsess what other people are excited about, and based off ratings most people seem to agree its a good game.  Is that better?

How do the ratings of a few critics, who rely on ad revenue and clicks, equate to "most people"?

phaedruss said:
JayWood2010 said:

How do the ratings of a few critics, who rely on ad revenue and clicks, equate to "most people"?

-____________-  If you want to say scores dont matter then go ahead, but they will continue to be a baseline or an idea on how good a game is whether you like that or not.  Its just the way things work

I will say that even tho it got boring quick, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because it is just a beta testing. However, I'm concerned that this will become a cash cow like any other MMORPG where they just throw hundreds of mindless expansions to add content. That's too bad. Now, if they add a full free for all PVP server in all lands of the games with factions ala Sullon Zek in the original Everquest, then the game will be magnificent!

Soonerman said:
I will say that even tho it got boring quick, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because it is just a beta testing. However, I'm concerned that this will become a cash cow like any other MMORPG where they just throw hundreds of mindless expansions to add content. That's too bad. Now, if they add a full free for all PVP server in all lands of the games with factions ala Sullon Zek in the original Everquest, then the game will be magnificent!

Yea because people mindlessly killing each other for no reason is better than  actual content...

Around the Network

Its better have more of story than the beta, I actually loved Titanfall I think it was different from alot of the experiences we currently see in the shooter market.

I did play windwaker hd and that was awesome, I loved TLOU ps3 and the 2 hour extra content but the gameplay wasnt as good as the story, I would play TLOU 2 but I would have a hard time replaying a bumped up version so soon.

I dont think it has the replay ability of a resident evil 4 or 5. Thats just my opinion. Over hyped or people expectation?

I hope its awesome, thats good for gamers if it has a good story and exciting jaw droping moments. I dont want to feel obliged to play but compelled.

I'd say it's a bit overhyped. That's been a problem with games in general this gen I'd say. I like the beta a lot, but seriously every game is getting over hyped.

I haven't been keeping up with the press for the game so only talking to friends about it and they all seem extremely hyped. But I'd consider that to be genuine hype rather than manufactured.

I fear games that are online only. Ignored Titanfall for this reason: I imagine myself playing for 3h, then quitting and maybe coming back someday. So... a very fast experience for a full game price. What happens when Titanfall 2 is released? Everybody abandons the first one and my money was spent for nothing? Sincerely, a single player campaign is a must for me.

To break this paradigm I downloaded Destiny Beta on PS4. Only played 1h so far so I can't say much, but I enjoyed the game. It felt consistent and people are saying that is more complete than Titanfall, which is weird because I thought that jumping around was a big thing on Titanfall. I'll play more Destiny to have a more solid opinion. Right now I think is overhyped, but a good game.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

Titanfall is currently the highest selling next generation exclusive game.

So whilst - based off feedback - Destiny may be overhyped, it is (by very definition) not possible for it to be 'overhyped like Titanfall.'

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS