By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega Producer says there are no plans for bringing games to Wii U VC

It's not like Nintendo is supporting the virtual console, why should anyone else?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
ExplodingBlock said:

Did you forget you CAN play Wii VC games on Wii U?

Don't have a CCP. Don't feel like I should pay extra to be able to play a game on my system.

KLXVER said:
Probably on board with PSNow.

I highly doubt that. 

Squeezol said:
VC on Wii U is lame. The Wii had an amazing VC, it's hard to top that.

It's actually not hard to top it at all. In fact, it's exceptionally easy. Nintendo is like a person living on a vast oil/gas field and won't sell their property.

Honestly, though the VC sucks compared to what emulation you can get for free on the internet. The VC gives you overpriced games and no ability to select aspect ratio. The VC also inexplicably lacks N64, GameCube, and Wii titles.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

IamAwsome said:
KLXVER said:

I highly doubt that. 

Why is that?

Around the Network
ExplodingBlock said:
spemanig said:
Squeezol said:

Pretty much.

Did you forget you CAN play Wii VC games on Wii U?

That's not the point at all. If I think the Wii U library sucks and the Wii library is better and you say that I can play Wii games on my Wii U then that won't help anything. (Besides, I don't think the Wii U game library sucks, it's just an example)

KLXVER said:
IamAwsome said:
KLXVER said:

I highly doubt that. 

Why is that?

There haven't been any announcements. Another thing, I doubt Sega would want to charge PS Now prices when they know consumers could flock to Wii/iPhone/Sega Mega Drive Collection on PS3/360 or even emulate to pay a cheaper price. 

One last thing, who's to say their games can't be on both platforms? 

Eh, I have a feeling this just might be a secret deal. No way would they not accept that extra profit. Hell in Japan they have PC Engine on the Wii U virtual console... no one mentions that..

Squeezol said:

Actually, it's not hard to top in Sega's case -- they never ended up putting Sega CD, Saturn, or Dreamcast games on the virtual console.

Sega should look towards its Wii U VC to entice fans of the classics toward buying the new sonic games for themselves as well as friends and family. E.g. "Hey I played this Sonic game as a kid, let's play it together! Let's check out this new Sonic game too"

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

We'll se the Sonic Advance trilogy soon on the Virtual Console. Nintendo consoles are the only place where the blue hedhedog can be in this days.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.