By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wind Waker HD: Mixed thoughts

I surprised you found the HD versions shard quest hard. It's easier than the original version. You probably would of just quit the old one then. It would of been better to have removed the shards period form the remastered. And make them apart of one dungeon. That would of solved the missing feeling at the end of the game.

Around the Network
ieatdragonz said:
I had no trouble with any of the puzzles except for a couple minutes of confusion on how to get in the mother and child island.

First time I played it I didnt know you could shoot the cyclone guy and get the warp points. Getting to the withered threes with the Forest Haven water in 20 minutes was a pain.lol

I just started playing today and so far its been a little boring.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

KLXVER said:
ieatdragonz said:
I had no trouble with any of the puzzles except for a couple minutes of confusion on how to get in the mother and child island.

First time I played it I didnt know you could shoot the cyclone guy and get the warp points. Getting to the withered threes with the Forest Haven water in 20 minutes was a pain.lol

That's also one of the things that's helped by the Swift Sail. With it, 20 minutes is ample time to sail around the ocean to all those Koroks .

S.Peelman said:
KLXVER said:
ieatdragonz said:

That's also one of the things that's helped by the Swift Sail. With it, 20 minutes is ample time to sail around the ocean to all those Koroks .

True

I always miss something in games. Thats why one shine in SMS took me hours upon hours to get. It was bad

Around the Network

If the game is so easy, why did you need a walkthrough for the triforce quest :P

12 years ago I had the same problem with the triforce shards and I had everything open mapped all areas and was unable to finish the game until 8 months ago and I had a lot of luck finding all chartz so without luck you are screwed.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Wind Waker was my first Zelda Game, and I've spent more hours than i'd like to admit playing it. I've always liked it, but I didn't greatly appreciate it until more recently. For me, it seems that the shift in game play from a structured, more linear-style adventure, to a more open world/non-linear style really went well with the message of the story. as you matured on you quest through out the ocean, you gradually gained more power and freedom through your control of the wind and of the cyclones. you weren't simply out to save your sister like in the beginning of the game, but you have matured into an altruistic hero intent on saving the world. with that came less guidance, and the game literally forced you to explore the world for hints. as soon as you started exploring, you could hear rumors of the "triumph forks" and the fish men would give you hints. part of the appeal of the game is that around 75%-80% mark the structure disappears and you are left on your own to finish solving the quest. thats powerful, challenging, and something we as gamers don't see enough these days.

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Yeah I played WW for the first time on WiiU and while it was fun at points sailing in it is total BS and boring, especially when you have no idea where the fuck your meant to be going. I stopped playing to move onto new games because I wasnt going to waste anymore hours sailing back and forth making no progression while nobody would tell me where to go. If I went back now I doubt the game would even so much as point me in the right direction, the Triforce shit is literally the worst thing in the series and it was even made easier in this version.

ktay95 said:
Yeah I played WW for the first time on WiiU and while it was fun at points sailing in it is total BS and boring, especially when you have no idea where the fuck your meant to be going. I stopped playing to move onto new games because I wasnt going to waste anymore hours sailing back and forth making no progression while nobody would tell me where to go. If I went back now I doubt the game would even so much as point me in the right direction, the Triforce shit is literally the worst thing in the series and it was even made easier in this version.

The map always shows you where to go...