By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destinys Public Beta Stress Test Just Crashed Xbox Lives Party System - Update Xbox Live is Down

Puppyroach said:
Maybe it´s just too popular :).

Lol I think so. They opened up the moon mission and iron banner at the same time. Plus its an open beta. Thats how you really stress servers. 

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
Puppyroach said:
Maybe it´s just too popular :).

Lol I think so. They opened up the moon mission and iron banner at the same time. Plus its an open beta. Thats how you really stress servers. 

And it´s a good decision to do so, then they are really prepared come this fall.

Dat popularity xD Looks like it's gonna be pretty successful :)

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

Didn't have any Live issues yesterday.

Ka-pi96 said:
Wow, crazy how easy servers get crashed these days.

That's one hell of very irrelevant comment right there :)

- Beta

- Stress test: meaning they will use the lowest possible ressource on purpose the have an idea of what is the required CPU/bandwith etc to support a full load. And they will be able to find the bottleneck (looks like they did too)

- Bungie is certainly using some new features of Live (they are always doing that with new version of a game), exclusive mission/mode everybody wants to play...

And you call that "easy server crash"... Come on!

OP: Alwyasnglad to see MS and Bungie working together for a smooth launch. They are ways do that.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Imaginedvl said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That's one hell of very irrelevant comment right there :)

- Beta

- Stress test: meaning they will use the lower possible ressource on purpose the have an idea of what is the required CPU/bandwith etc to support a full load.

- Bungie is certainly using some new features of Live (they are always doing that with new version of a game), exclusive mission/mode everybody wants to play...

And you call that "easy server crash"... I do not believe you understand what Beta/Stress test means to the servers.

OP: Alwyasnglad to see MS and Bungie working together for a smooth launch. They are ways do that.

I realise the point of the stress test, it's just there have been a few crashes like this recently. I think PSN crashed when the Destiny beta was first announced and EA have had some crashes with Battlefield as well, pretty sure GTA online crashed servers as well. Just seems odd that it's been happening quite often lately, there were a good few years where nothing seemed to crash like this.

Well I was not aware of a PSN crash. I think companies are always (for good reason) trying to save money and try to use as much as they can of these CPU or other ressources). For instance they will prefer to go with a server used at 90% than 2 used at 45%, which put the whole thing at risk obviously as a slight increase in the load will shut it down. I see that becoming a norm lately so my guess is that it is main reason why we see this happening more often lately.

Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah and they are crashing very easily as well. Both Live and PSN had problems the day the Destiny Beta was realeased. Everytime there are too many people online, they seem to crash. Not reliable at all...

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

padib said:
Teeqoz said:
So much for Xbox having a superior online service..

So much for not using anything as pretext for hating on a company.

It seems like this isn't restricted to Microsoft, and anyways wouldn't mean that Xbox live is inferior to anything, it would just mean that the stress test worked.

Moving on to other things, DESTINY WILL BE HUGE

Yep, I'll admit I grabbed the chance here for hating a bit on Microsoft, sorry! Now I've seen that PSN had issues earlier as well.

YES IT WILL

Xbox Live never went down for me yesterday.

padib said:
Teeqoz said:
So much for Xbox having a superior online service..

So much for not using anything as pretext for hating on a company.

It seems like this isn't restricted to Microsoft, and anyways wouldn't mean that Xbox live is inferior to anything, it would just mean that the stress test worked.

Moving on to other things, DESTINY WILL BE HUGE

Regardless of what anyones agendas here are, if it crashes then the stress test obviously failed.

It may help point out some flaws to help fix those issues though.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’