By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the 3DS be a controller option for the Wii U Smash?

VanceIX said:
I kinda doubt it. No where near as many inputs as a Wii U controller or Gamecube.

True, but if they still have Wiimote sideways as an option, then.............*shrugs*

Around the Network

That'd be awesome

nice

Mystro-Sama said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Numberfox said:
Mystro-Sama said:
random15 said:
It wouldn't hurt if it was, the more options the better.

Yea, because Nintendo is know for giving it's fans options and freedom, right?

In terms of controller options, yes :P 

Oh, that must be why we can use the entire console with the Pro controller alone.

You're just spouting bullshit. Please give examples if you are going to say stuff like that. Otherwise, no one will listen.

Why are you so hurt exactly? Are you married to Nintendo? And if you could read and comprehend you would have realise I just gave you an example.

Are you in third grade? Who says shit like that (married to Nintendo)? You can navigate most of the entire console with the Pro Controller and anything that requires you to use the Gamepad is much easier to use with the Gamepad anyway. And am I defending Nintendo? Yes. Of course I am. Because you said something about them that was untrue. If you said something about Microsoft or Sony that was untrue, I would defend them too. Or any other company for that matter. Example time:

Let's just say someone said that in your favorite game, you didn't have the option to switch the button layout to whatever you desired, but you actually did (and he also said it in a really sarcastic and snarky way, just like you). Would you not say, "Hey man, just wanted to let you know that you're actually wrong and you can customize the button layout to whatever you want"? Exactly. And if you didn't say it, someone else would, because people don't want other people just spewing out random, untrue shit just because they can.

Kids these days...

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

That would be so cool :D Or like a Coop? Use the 3DS on its own screen while Wii U has its own? Idk! Who knows! We'll see! :D

DevilRising said:
VanceIX said:
I kinda doubt it. No where near as many inputs as a Wii U controller or Gamecube.

True, but if they still have Wiimote sideways as an option, then.............*shrugs*

I tried playing Brawl once like that, got really mad with the way it handled, and then I never looked back..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Maybe it's a cross buy option(i know wishfull thinking).

Why are people against this? I has 1 Wii Mote + Nun Chuck , Gamepad and 1 pro controller. So that would be cool, since I wont need a 4th controller, if i have 4 people to play.

IMSM

3DS only has one control stick and is missing both ZL and ZR buttons but I doubt those buttons will be used really so maybe

To all the people who say the number of buttons on the 3DS might be an issue, I think you're forgetting that the 3DS has its own Smash game. So I think it's safe to say they figured it out.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

It's definitely possible, but I say let's keep our expectations low for now, so we don't get disappointed :)

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS