By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the 3DS be a controller option for the Wii U Smash?

Squeezol said:
Why would you want a 3DS to control SSB on Wii U? We've got the Gamepad! :(

I think its more cause say u go to ur friends house and they don't have enough controllers, you can use the 3ds as a controller

And who knows, it might have some sorta mode like Smash Run sorta deal where if you have a wiiU and a 3ds, each person gets their own screen and etc

Heck, for all we know, there might be an exclusive mode that you unlock if you have both copies of smash bros

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I think the Wii U button will simply be used for transferring amiibo data and whatnot.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Mystro-Sama said:
random15 said:
It wouldn't hurt if it was, the more options the better.

Yea, because Nintendo is know for giving it's fans options and freedom, right?

Mario Kart 8 supports Wii remote/Wii remote + nunchuk, Wii U Pro Controllers and the Wii U GamePad, as well as the option to turn on/off motion controls. Your point being?

VanceIX said:
I kinda doubt it. No where near as many inputs as a Wii U controller or Gamecube.

Well, Brawl supported Wii remotes, and Super Smash 64 supported Nintendo 64 controllers. Input limitations is not a factor here.

Meh.. It would be kinda unnecessary, don't you think? :-/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Numberfox said:
Mystro-Sama said:
random15 said:

In terms of controller options, yes :P 

Oh, that must be why we can use the entire console with the Pro controller alone.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:

Oh, that must be why we can use the entire console with the Pro controller alone.

I meant how you can use Wiimotes for games and soon GCN controllers, and how there's usually some handheld controller connectivity like Gameboy to Gamecube and DS to Wii, but okay :)

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

Smash uses a lot of controllers already (Gamepad, Pro Controller, Wiimote, Gamecube controller...). I don't find necessary to use another console to play the game.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Mystro-Sama said:
Numberfox said:
Mystro-Sama said:
random15 said:

You're just spouting bullshit. Please give examples if you are going to say stuff like that. Otherwise, no one will listen.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Numberfox said:
Mystro-Sama said:
random15 said:

You're just spouting bullshit. Please give examples if you are going to say stuff like that. Otherwise, no one will listen.

Why are you so hurt exactly? Are you married to Nintendo? And if you could read and comprehend you would have realise I just gave you an example.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

VanceIX said:
I kinda doubt it. No where near as many inputs as a Wii U controller or Gamecube.

Well, Brawl supported Wii remotes, and Super Smash 64 supported Nintendo 64 controllers. Input limitations is not a factor here.

True. I guess we'll see. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC