By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Question to Wii U only owners..would you buy Destiny if it was released for the system?

JGarret said:

If Destiny was also released for the Wii U, same day as the other versions, do you think you´d get it?..does the game interest you, or does it look boring?

No, I wouldn't. I have a 360, but when I got the MK8 bundle, that thing went into storage. I have played so many hours of online FPS over the last 10 years that I'm just done with them. The only FPS I'd play now are Metroid Prime titles because they actually DO something differently. The rest of them are all the same to me.

Around the Network

Probably not. The game has been insanely off-the-radar for me to the point that i don't even know what the gameplay looks like (and despite my strict Nintendo adherence, i usually ingest a fair bit of media for other games and consoles)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Probably, but I dont mind missing it.

IMSM

I doubt it. It doesn't really interest me (from what I've seen of it anyway).

nah not my cup of tea, i only use my wii u for for first party titles

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Around the Network

As a Wii U owner that doesn't own any of the other systems the game is being released on? Maybe, on certain conditions:

1. The game releases the same day as the other systems, or at least before I get one of the other systems.

2. It's missing no features, or at least none that I would ever consider using.

3. It's missing no DLC, at least nothing substantial, I don't care if a costume is missing.

4. It would have to work at least as well as it does on last gen systems.

5. It would have to have either off tv play, unique gamepad uses, or both.

Also, I need to see more of the game before I know if it's really something I'd like. The "shared-world matchmaking" quasi-MMO elements sound intriguing, and like something I'd like to try, but even if the community were terrible, there are other things that sound appealing. First, the science-fantasy setting is just my kind of thing. Also, the size of the worlds to explore sounds interesting, as exploration is one of my favorite elements of games.

A solid maybe, I played the beta on PS3 and is not a great game just a good one, but I am not planing on buy in it, if it came out on Wii U, I would move it to a maybe because I have more friends with that console and playing with friends could improve the experience.

I wouldn't buy any online social focus game on WiiU until Nintendo fixes that WiiU OS further to make the friend list actually useful, and implements a viable notification system, and party chat should also be considered an essential OS level feature for 8th gen consoles and beyond.

Doesn't interest me in the slightest. If it was the type of game that did interest me, I would have a PS4, and if I had a PS4, I would get it for that.

People gunning for a Wii U version have no idea how ridiculous it would be to put it on the system. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that it's going to happen.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

probably not. Watched a few streams (close to two hours of footage) and it just seemed more of the same to me as most of the other shooter (here come the flamers at me) and felt that it was some that would not keep my interest enough to get my moneys worth.