By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Question to Wii U only owners..would you buy Destiny if it was released for the system?

Nope. Shooters don't interest me at all unless they're really unique. (Portal, Bioshock Infinite, Metroid Prime) Destiny looks so boring to me.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Around the Network

Maybe, i would buy if the game had a nice multiplayer mode, since i don't know how its the multiplayer, i can't say for sure.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

Sure, since it's not coming to PC and it's console exclusive....

yeah.

I love FPS, and Destiny will be fantastic game. <3

If coming on Wii U, i predict 1,000,000 lifetime.

The game somewhat interests me being a fan of the Halo series (reminds me of Halo for some reason) and being a current Wii U owner i would buy it for the system.

Around the Network

All I can say right now is "maybe".

I haven't followed it closely enough at this point because it hasn't been confirmed for Wii U, and I don't play FPS games on any other console (because I can't stand dual analog) or PC (I also suck at keyboard+mouse). If it's announced for Wii U, gets proper support, and isn't dramatically late compared to the other versions, then I just might get it (conditional on a few things, such as whether CoD:AW releases on the system and is given full support, etc).

It looks good and fresh and I was interested when it was announced, if it were a regular single-player experience I might have gotten it. Even on WiiU. I wouldn't have had a PS4 yet (like I don't have one yet now), and the hypothetical WiiU-version would probably have been slightly better than a PS3 version.

However, I'm not big on online- or primarily multiplayer games in general. So, no. I won't be getting it, on anything I'm afraid.

If it was confirmed to be coming to WiiU but not PC i would get it on WiiU. As it stands i am waiting on the PC version

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Probably not. I'm not a big shooter guy, but if I was going to buy Destiny it would be to play with my friends who would buy it on other consoles anyways.

On the plus side, free internet, unlike 360, Xbox One and PS4 versions.