By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Nightfall Movie FIRST TRAILER!!!!! Produced by Ridley Scott

Looks intriguing, not sure how this ties into Halo 5 though. Is this just self contained story to set up Locke or will the antagonist carry through to Halo 5.

I'm expecting the Arbiter has a big role to play in Halo 5 and early hints suggest he may be an antagonist.

#SaveShenmue

Top 5 Most Anticipated Games:

- Quantum Break
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Destiny
- The Division
- Final Fantasy XV

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
Headshot said:
Damn...you all must love getting hyped over michael bay trailers. This is a perfectly normal first trailer for a movie, 90 percent of trailers are like this and don't have splosions going off left and right.

Please don't compare Riddley Scott to Michael Bay, shudders! The thing looks like a SyFy TV show trailer, and not on account of explosions. Not all is lost though, plenty good TV shows and movies have had bad trailers.

Well from the opinions on here people seem to have wanted to see michael bay explosions going off in the trailer to get "excited." The first teaser trailer for movies and tv shows just give the gist about what the plot centers around and little more, but if this was a trailer released just before halo: nightfall was to come out then yeah it wouldn't be that great.

With a limited budget however this may live or die on how intriguing the plot is, although I'm not making any judgements until we see the next trailer closer to its pilot.

Burek said:
POE said:
This looks cheap as hell.

You're not supposed to say that here. Only positive comments are allowed here, they might mistake you for a Halo hater.

Enjoy your movie, guys.

Hahaha, as if ;) Problem is that at least some saying they don't like the trailer also don't like Halo at all (even funnier that those not liking Halo now like Destiny but that's a different story to tell...).

walsufnir said:
Burek said:
POE said:
This looks cheap as hell.

You're not supposed to say that here. Only positive comments are allowed here, they might mistake you for a Halo hater.

Enjoy your movie, guys.

Hahaha, as if ;) Problem is that at least some saying they don't like the trailer also don't like Halo at all (even funnier that those not liking Halo now like Destiny but that's a different story to tell...).

I posted a link to a producer interview that explains a lot about this movie.

I admit it has changed my opinion of it, and I am now much less critical, as the scope of the show is explained.

I was very critical when I thought that this is an actual TV series. Now that I know it is an add-on to the MCC, serving a purpose to entertain fans and to bridge the gap between two games, I really don't have any complaints at all. As most of my complaintscwere of technical nature.

Actually, this makes MCC an even better deal than it was in the first place.

Goatseye said:
Shinobi-san said:
Hmmm not sure about this...the trailer wasn't that good.

But is this a full on movie release or some sort of mini series?

@Ben i dont think people are purposefully downplaying...the trailer really was pretty average in my opinion.

Is there going to be a big budget movie release for Halo though? I always thought that was the plan.

That'swhy he said this is for Halo fans.

We're familiar with what's going on in the trailer and the series are highly anticipated.

The community is HYPED.

Not the point. Expecting everybody to come into the thread and receive the trailer positively is too much.

Some people do not like the trailer...halo fan or not.

Threads are NOT limited to the fanbase of the game in question. Thats not how forums work, as long as people back up their opinions and add to the dicussion all the negativity in the world is perfectly fine in my book. It's when people come into a thread and just bash a game for no reason and has an obvious agenda then it becomes a problem. We need to be able to distinguish between that as a community. Mods havent even come in here, which is a good indication that people havent crossed any lines. Quite frankly the only thing that is wrong in the thread is the low tolerance of criticism.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

Trailer is not amazing but for a first glimpse its not bad.

Youtube: 6,473 Likes 221 Dislikes

Shinobi-san said:

Not the point. Expecting everybody to come into the thread and receive the trailer positively is too much.

Some people do not like the trailer...halo fan or not.

Threads are NOT limited to the fanbase of the game in question. Thats not how forums work, as long as people back up their opinions and add to the dicussion all the negativity in the world is perfectly fine in my book. It's when people come into a thread and just bash a game for no reason and has an obvious agenda then it becomes a problem. We need to be able to distinguish between that as a community. Mods havent even come in here, which is a good indication that people havent crossed any lines. Quite frankly the only thing that is wrong in the thread is the low tolerance of criticism.

Exactly. I'm a huge Halo fan but TV shows and movies don't interest me at all. There were even a few people in this thread, who are known not to biased, that also said that the trailer wasn't that interesting. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

Exactly. I'm a huge Halo fan but TV shows and movies don't interest me at all. There were even a few people in this thread, who are known not to biased, that also said that the trailer wasn't that interesting. 

I'm also a huge Zelda fan, I played it once on N64.

I'm usually on Xbox One Empire, I know you're not a HUGE halo fan.

Goatseye said:
MoHasanie said:

I'm also a huge Zelda fan, I played it once on N64.

I'm usually on Xbox One Empire, I know you're not a HUGE halo fan.

Well I don't know why you think that. I still play Halo 4 and its the game I've played the most since it came out.  Even with it having the worst multiplayer from all the Halo games, I still play it. You can tell by my stats on Halo waypoint that I play it very often:

https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/FrequentFlyer52

Someone who doesn't like Halo wouldn't spend more than 700 hours playing the game. 

Halo was the reason I got an Xbox and then a 360. There is no other exclusive on xbox that really interests me other than Halo. So I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I'm not a big Halo fan. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54