By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - funny gamestop prank

McDonaldsGuy said:

The reason I told you this is because I believe you COULD be funny. Take what we are saying to heart, cause you DO sound like you have talent. Don't waste it on harassing retail employees.

Sit down with friends, ask for advice, and even talk to improv teachers at your local college or comedy club. Work on it. When you have an idea a lot of people laugh at, expand on it, and turn it into a sketch.

well thanks for that. humor has always been a strong point for me and my partner, and we are using it in this way. thanks for your advice, but im already deep in studying chemistry and biology and almost have a bachelors in both those subjects and will start my masters in analytical chemistry next spring. thats my real passion, really. this is just a hobby. and i have fun doing it. either way, thanks for not being so at my throat this time. :)

Around the Network
RubberWhistleHistle said:
ganoncrotch said:
seems like nobody really likes this call, but thats ok. its really not that good. i will definitely strive for a better gamestop call.

Don't. You know you are pretty much commiting to harrassment right here yeah? this is a crime, while you might think it is some bit funny it could land you in an amount of hot water. If you are thinking the defense of "a lot of big radio stations do it" those things are staged, pretty much 99% of decent shows will "ring" interns or hired actors to take their calls and to get upset, since it is actually harrassment no big company will broadcast themselves commiting a crime for entertainment, that doesn't work.

As for this call that you are advertising your youtube channel with on here... it isn't even remotely funny, like others have said comedy like this needs to have a script of things you can ask or say depending on how the other participant reacts, this was 1 unfunny idea for 3 minutes or so, awful to listen to. If you do insist on doing prank calls check out Rhett and Link on youtube, I'm not advising you ever make these pestering calls to people, but if you are going to be annoying at least be funny.

As for having not seen another prank call video on youtube.... http://bit.ly/1uk3dfo I don't believe you. The second result from that is fucking hilarious btw... also 100% fake, done with an intern but still it's funny as fuck.

dude, there are plenty of gamestop calls on the internet with millions of views that arent fake. i know that for a fact. 

and yeah, ive seen that second result. you really think thats funny? im sorry, i know that my gamestop call inst that good, but at least im making shit up on the fly and using my brain. it certainly is not funny to just wait for somebody to answer and play a recording. i dont know.. just my opinion i suppose. we like our shit to be more authentic. actually, 100% authentic. 

How much is X game repeated 60 times isn't really comparable to actual comedy imo, it just isn't. Good luck with future videos tho but if you're going to stick with this sort of thing... yeah, honestly just stop. I'm out of this thread tho since I've given all the advice on all of what was there in the vid and I've read just about every instance of "i" that I can handle.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:

dude, there are plenty of gamestop calls on the internet with millions of views that arent fake. i know that for a fact. 

and yeah, ive seen that second result. you really think thats funny? im sorry, i know that my gamestop call inst that good, but at least im making shit up on the fly and using my brain. it certainly is not funny to just wait for somebody to answer and play a recording. i dont know.. just my opinion i suppose. we like our shit to be more authentic. actually, 100% authentic. 

How much is X game repeated 60 times isn't really comparable to actual comedy imo, it just isn't. Good luck with future videos tho but if you're going to stick with this sort of thing... yeah, honestly just stop. I'm out of this thread tho since I've given all the advice on all of what was there in the vid and I've read just about every instance of "i" that I can handle.

ok lol again, i understand how it isnt that funny. and you have a point that its not comparable to actual comedy, i understand. that video was just a side thing that we did. when i said we make shit up on the fly, i was talking about our videos as a whole (just to clear that up). but thanks for your input, i guess. ill try to take your advice for what it is and not be distracted by the aggression.

LemonSlice said:

Sounds more like a spot on example of what GameSpot employees go through. It's just all too real to be funny. You know, while your previous prank was completely immoral, you do seem to have a knack with this improv stuff, it's just very sadly misdirected. You're fast with your lips and never hesitate. You should try radio or voice acting. Maybe even theatre or stand up comedy.

:/ our talents are misdirected? yeah.. our calls can be considered immoral.. i can see that, but some of the things that happen sometimes are so damn funny

Dude wtf? Can't you a frikkin compliment and some honest advice that you should and could do something more with your life?

McDonaldsGuy said:

The reason I told you this is because I believe you COULD be funny. Take what we are saying to heart, cause you DO sound like you have talent. Don't waste it on harassing retail employees.

Sit down with friends, ask for advice, and even talk to improv teachers at your local college or comedy club. Work on it. When you have an idea a lot of people laugh at, expand on it, and turn it into a sketch.

well thanks for that. humor has always been a strong point for me and my partner, and we are using it in this way. thanks for your advice, but im already deep in studying chemistry and biology and almost have a bachelors in both those subjects and will start my masters in analytical chemistry next spring. thats my real passion, really. this is just a hobby. and i have fun doing it. either way, thanks for not being so at my throat this time. :)

Yeah I didn't mean to be an ass, my bad. It's just these prank videos make me angry for some reason. So it's not even an attack against you per se, but against all these other prank videos.  I despise them, mainly because they make other people suffer for "amusement." Now, not ALL pranks are bad, but most are. I ESPECIALLY despise this guy called "Vitaly," who is the most annoying guy ever.

Honestly try it out. See how much you can make on the side at a comedy club. But yeah go with your passion, but you should try it anyway because hey you never know you could make it big (but don't forgo a career in chemistry if you know you can't make it).  

Around the Network
LemonSlice said:
LemonSlice said:

Sounds more like a spot on example of what GameSpot employees go through. It's just all too real to be funny. You know, while your previous prank was completely immoral, you do seem to have a knack with this improv stuff, it's just very sadly misdirected. You're fast with your lips and never hesitate. You should try radio or voice acting. Maybe even theatre or stand up comedy.

:/ our talents are misdirected? yeah.. our calls can be considered immoral.. i can see that, but some of the things that happen sometimes are so damn funny

Dude wtf? Can't you a frikkin compliment and some honest advice that you should and could do something more with your life?

did i say something wrong? i was just saying that what happens is so funny sometimes that its tempting to do more. i am doing something with my life, this is jsut a hobby. i like entertaining people and its an outlet for doing so. i dont really want to make a career out of it. although my partner might be able to!

McDonaldsGuy said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

Yeah I didn't mean to be an ass, my bad. It's just these prank videos make me angry for some reason. So it's not even an attack against you per se, but against all these other prank videos.  I despise them, mainly because they make other people suffer for "amusement." Now, not ALL pranks are bad, but most are. I ESPECIALLY despise this guy called "Vitaly," who is the most annoying guy ever.

Honestly try it out. See how much you can make on the side at a comedy club. But yeah go with your passion, but you should try it anyway because hey you never know you could make it big (but don't forgo a career in chemistry if you know you can't make it).  

its ok. i knew there was going to be insane backlash against me (as you can tell from my original post). most vgchartzers dont appreciate this kind of stuff, but i thought id try because some of the guys here (the nintendo crowd, i presume) thought my stuff was funny. and i understand how it frustrates you. i am really knew to these kinds of 'prank videos.' i have only seen them for about two months so i dont really know what that side of youtube is like. but we entered it because we had all these calls recorded. sorry for the annoyance. 

LemonSlice said:
LemonSlice said:

did i say something wrong? i was just saying that what happens is so funny sometimes that its tempting to do more. i am doing something with my life, this is jsut a hobby. i like entertaining people and its an outlet for doing so. i dont really want to make a career out of it. although my partner might be able to!

I got annoyed that you were hung up on a few words I said and ignored the rest. I don't like overly defensive people, and you certainly are. Considering how aggresive you are towards people who are negative about your pranks, you make it look like that is your passion, not biology. Learn to take criticism on the cheek, that's what gentlemen do. Peace out.

LemonSlice said:

I got annoyed that you were hung up on a few words I said and ignored the rest. I don't like overly defensive people, and you certainly are. Considering how aggresive you are towards people who are negative about your pranks, you make it look like that is your passion, not biology. Learn to take criticism on the cheek, that's what gentlemen do. Peace out.

im sorry, ill reread your post. im human, i do make mistakes.. i dont like it when people are overly defensive either, and its annoying when people hang up on a few words and ignore everything else, like you said. so im sorry that i didnt respond to the valuable part of your post. i was still agreeing with what you said. thanks for your words though.