By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is This the Wii U's Peak Year?

is it?

yes 49 17.38%

no 196 69.50%

maybe 37 13.12%

Total:282

2015 will be the peak.
In 2016 will sell little less of 2015, but again more of that 2014.

Around the Network

IMO
2014 - momentum
2015 - peak

Currently playing

IOS - Knights of the Old Republic, Monster Hunter Freedom HD and Idolmaster Festa.

Steam-NovisNoah, Uplay-Limpanot, Origins-NovisNoah, PSN-NovisNoah, NNID-NovisNoah

Peak. Pah. Peak. Not even close to a peak just getting started I say 15-16.is peak years. And lifetime sales well 40-45 million. Easy wii u Is profitable now soo. That's the big plus side oh and Microsoft laying off 18k people. To increase profit margins. Ninty just doesn't do that. I know it's different but it's not 18k people jobless Ty bill gates

Maybe. This year they have after all released there two biggest games/franchises. Mario Kart 8 and in winter Smash. Donkey Kong also released this year and that's also one of there bigger franchises.

But if they keep momentum for 2015 they can probably sell better. Pre- May sales during this year was after all very bad.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

I think between this year and next year. For me depends on the Amiibo effect as well.

Around the Network

You're correct that they're probably releasing their two biggest sellers this year, but the first half of the year was so horribly shitty for WiiU sales that all the next year has to do is maintain a decent baseline throughout the year and it has a pretty good shot at beating 2014 even if it doesn't have any games on the level of SSB and MK to boost it up.

I think it might hit 9,5M this year and around 16M next year so it has some growth to do. After that, it will drop off though.

This is the year of Mario Kart and Smash, and NSMB and a 3D Mario have already been released, so yeah. The only big one left after this year is Zelda and pricecuts, and Zelda is obviously nowhere near as big as MK and Smash, nor even 3D Mario and NSMB.

What people seem to forget is that its common for a platform to peak after the big games released.

By the end of 2010, Xbox 360 already had Gears 1-2, Halo 3/Reach, 6 Call of Duties, 3 Assassin's Creeds, 6 Maddens, 6 FIFAs, Fable 2-3, Mass Efect 1-2, Bioshock 1-2, GTA 4, Red Dead, Arkham Asylum, 2 Forzas, Kinect Adventures, Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls 4, Dead Space yet it didnt peak until the following year.

By the end of 2010, PS3 had Uncharted 1-2, Infamous, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 1-2, Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Motorstorm, plus all the third party titles mentioned above yet it didnt peak until the following year.

By the end of 2007, DS had Super Mario 64 remake, NSMB, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Pokemon gen 4, Brain Training, Nintendogs yet it didnt peak until the following year.

Based on that its a little early to say Wii U will peak this year due to Mario Kart+Smash Bros releasing.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nope. 2015 will be the peak year.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54