By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Destiny on Xbox One will outsell Smash Bros on Wii U

Will Destiny on xbox one sell more than smash wii u?

Yes 97 11.70%

Maybe 116 13.99%

No 615 74.19%

Total:828

Nope, maybe the PS4 version but definitely not the XB1 version

Around the Network

Destiny will be a much bigger title on PS4 than Xbone, and Smash Bros. is probably the most anticipated Wii U game this generation. I doubt Destiny on Xbone sells more.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

gergroy said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
Definitely not. NEVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER.

But all versions combined? Possible.

The ps4 version by itself will easily outsell it.  Smash wii u will probably sell around melee numbers (unless the 3ds version drastically steals sales from it).  So around 6-8 million for lifetime sales.   Ps4 version of destiny is supposed to be at that level by the end of this year.  Destiny should also have some strong legs, just like smash.  It will continue to sell.  So i dont think there is really any chance smash outsells the ps4 version.  The question is if the xbox one version of the game can catch fire with the xbox community like it has with the playstation community.   I think it can, which is why i made the thread!

Where the hell are you getting that the Ps4 version will be at 6-8 million by the end of this year?!?! I think your putting way too much faith in that Ps4 Destiny bundle. Ain't gonna happen!

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Hibern81 said:
gergroy said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
Definitely not. NEVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER.

The ps4 version by itself will easily outsell it.  Smash wii u will probably sell around melee numbers (unless the 3ds version drastically steals sales from it).  So around 6-8 million for lifetime sales.   Ps4 version of destiny is supposed to be at that level by the end of this year.  Destiny should also have some strong legs, just like smash.  It will continue to sell.  So i dont think there is really any chance smash outsells the ps4 version.  The question is if the xbox one version of the game can catch fire with the xbox community like it has with the playstation community.   I think it can, which is why i made the thread!

Where the hell are you getting that the Ps4 version will be at 6-8 million by the end of this year?!?! I think your putting way too much faith in that Ps4 Destiny bundle. Ain't gonna happen!

Combined total of destiny is supposed be around 15+ million by the end of the year according to most analysts, including activision themselves.  ioi has the ps4 pegged at about 5+ million at launch if you include digital sales, with 10 million total first week.  1-3 million  for the ps4 of the extra 5+ million more expected sales seems like a safe guess to me.  That is where i get it from.  Where do you get your predictions from?

At launch and this year? Very likely. Lifetime? I don't think it will, but it will depend on how much the 3DS version of Smash will eat up sales.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Hibern81 said:
gergroy said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

Combined total of destiny is supposed be around 15+ million by the end of the year according to most analysts, including activision themselves.  ioi has the ps4 pegged at about 5+ million at launch if you include digital sales, with 10 million total first week.  1-3 million  for the ps4 of the extra 5+ million more expected sales seems like a safe guess to me.  That is where i get it from.  Where do you get your predictions from?

Well, I usually pull my predictions from my ass which is why I asked. 8 million units sold to a console that is currently sitting at just above 8 million seems unlikely in my opinion. Even if the PS4 doubles it sells by the end of the year a 50% attach rate doesn't compute in my mind. But hey, if I'm wrong I'll be a man and own it. Time will tell...

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

I'm going to have to say no

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I honestly think the game will have a massive attach-rate that will bring it far above Destiny on both PS4 and XBONE

PDF said:
spemanig said:
I can see smash u outselling both.

combined?

individually, i think

Ka-pi96 said:

What about globally in the US?

^Laughed way too hard at that.

No, the XB1 version will not sell more than Smash. The PS4 version will likely double the XB1 version's sales, and eat a large portion of it's potential audience in the process. Best case for XB1, Destiny jumps out to an early lead, but Smash will continue to sell well long after its release, similar to MK8.