By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Disappearing Act: Xbox Sales Plummet While Microsoft's Other Devices Continue To Struggle. (With spacing)

"That means the company was moving about 800,000 Xbox 360s just three months ago. If we assume that the 360 is selling similarly at this point, then this quarter’s 1.1 million consoles likely consisted of just 300,000 Xbox Ones."

This guy has no idea what he is talking about.

Why on earth 360 sales would be flat (and flat YoY) and Xone sales would drop 70% QoQ? AND with NPD leaks saing MS sold more than 300k Xone in the USA alone?? 

It´s probaly the other way around. 700k XOne and 400k 360s.

Around the Network
jnemesh said:
Nadella doesn't seem the type to throw away money just for the sake of protecting failing products. His letter made it very clear...he values the BRAND...but he said nothing about the console itself. He talked a LOT about a "mobile-first, cloud-first" strategy, and how he would leverage the Xbox BRAND into that...but I think he tires as much as anyone of seeing product after product fail. My guess is that if sales don't pick up DRAMATICALLY by this holiday season, they will stick a fork in it.

Do people actually believe this?

I think Nadella will eventually move towards 'unlocking shareholder value' -- e.g. strategic from divestment Xbox by getting a joint-venture spinoff of Xbox along with a company like Comcast (Xfinity, Xbox right?) or some other electronics company.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Why won't anyone read the article?

TL:DR

MS is doing poorly in all it's hardware divisions (XBox One, Lumia and Surface). The acquisition of Nokia does not make any sense since they are only making (a little) money off low-end phones. Selling off the XBox division is not out of the question.

Around the Network

Doesn't this fly in the face of M$'s reported 1.1mil Xbox growth YoY? Or am I totally misreading something.

Burek said:
The article was very well written and analyzed. I enjoy these business articles because they tend to be much more objective than gaming press.

I would say buisness and economics articles are about as focused on doom an clickbait headlines as gaming-press.

WhiteEaglePL said:
Not reading beyond title.

MS will be fine, and as long as they get money elseware they will PUSH the Xbox brand even if it is getting worse.

Yeah throwing money in a pit of fire is a great business practice.  I swear some people here don't understand that the point of a company is to make money, not find interesting ways to waste it.

gooch_destroyer said:

How can Microsoft sell nearly 200,000 Xbox Ones in the U.S. in June alone if it shipped 300,000 worldwide for the entire quarter? The answer is that the channel has been sitting on too many consoles

Epic. 

Well, at least it's finally selling.

Captain_Tom said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
Not reading beyond title.

MS will be fine, and as long as they get money elseware they will PUSH the Xbox brand even if it is getting worse.

Yeah throwing money in a pit of fire is a great business practice.  I swear some people here don't understand that the point of a company is to make money, not find interesting ways to waste it.

So no Xbox? I am quite fond of that solution!