By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - USA has the best athletes in the world?

Nothings going to change weezy's mind, he already knows my chart and points proved him wrong, he admited that on my wall and this thread, we still love eachother though.

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
Okay say Bahamas doesn't count for one second, lets say it's like a one off, Australia however isn't, lets inflate our population to that of America for a second, that would mean Australia has, say, 255 Gold Medals, for a country with 300 million people, 35 Gold Medals is pretty poor wouldn't you say?

Just because we have 20 times the population doesn't mean we're going to have 20 times the medals.  And China has a billion more people than us and yet we still have more medals.

PC Gamer

^^yeah, duh exactly, thankyou for furthering my point.

china civilians doesnt have the opportunities which US ones do.

Can't compare developed and developing countries in sports. One look at AoA first post and you can see the list is dominated by the world's richest countries (and the former soviet states).

Around the Network
Imthelegend said:
weezy said:

NFL is somewhat like AFL, but with with pads. Pads, that are added, because if they didnt have them ppl would DIE.

lol

The pads are there to make them look bigger. If the case was to protect they would need them in rugby as well but they don't, so why in gridiron.

Having watched both rugby and football, I can, without a doubt, say people in football hit A LOT harder.  Not only that, but you'll notice people running a lot faster in football too.  This is because they don't have to worry about all that momentum as much when they're tackled because of the pads.  Pads allow you to play harder.  It's not that those who play rugby are tougher, but that their sport is softer. (I'm not saying they're weak by any means.  They take a beating because of the lack of pads.)

tarheel91 said:

Having watched both rugby and football, I can, without a doubt, say people in football hit A LOT harder. Not only that, but you'll notice people running a lot faster in football too. This is because they don't have to worry about all that momentum as much when they're tackled because of the pads. Pads allow you to play harder. It's not that those who play rugby are tougher, but that their sport is softer. (I'm not saying they're weak by any means. They take a beating because of the lack of pads.)

AFL is tougher than both of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX2yxGK5ZZw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr81dc4o5yI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqofxaC7ygs&feature=related 

I've decided this is all just a huge troll thread by weezy anyway.

But just in case, weezy, let's have a game of football between your team of Randy Moss, LeBron James and Kobe Bryant, and I'll just take Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka. Your players are all taller and stronger and mostly faster, but I'll bet you $1 million on the outcome and give you 100-to-1 odds.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Once again.. if they(USA) did play soccer since they were TWO they would have same skill if not better and of course combination of size, speed and strength...Our best do not play soccer. Thats why we arent with the rest of the world with soccer.

and

This is not trolling btw.

I was simply saying US athletes are the most atletic on earth

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:

Once again.. if they(USA) did play soccer since they were TWO they would have same skill if not better and of course combination of size, speed and strength...Our best do not play soccer. Thats why we arent with the rest of the world with soccer.

and

This is not trolling btw.

I was simply saying US athletes are the most atletic on earth

Weezy, how do you know the American soccer players aren't actually USA's best athletes. There are American soccer players who are 6'2" strong, fast, jump high and all that on the American team and have been playing since they were 2. They still wouldn't be able to beat a 6'2" Brazilian in soccer who has been playing since they were 2.

You know how people say the NFL is better now then it was in the past.  It's the same concept with the Americans. The American soccer game is still too young. Americans can be playing since they were 2, but they need the next couple generations before that will really matter.