By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - USA has the best athletes in the world?

Imthelegend said:
We can't as you have already made up your mind. AOA had your measure after the second post but all you do is ignore everyone else's responses with you haven't shown me proof. So what is it goin to take to prove you wrong

One word: Australia.

Chris Judd, Buddy Franklin, Andrew McLeod, Steve Johnson, Brendan Fevola, Tony Modra, Gary Ablett Snr., Gary Ablett Jnr., Darren Jarman etc etc all prove the topic creator wrong.

Around the Network
ando88 said:
Imthelegend said:
We can't as you have already made up your mind. AOA had your measure after the second post but all you do is ignore everyone else's responses with you haven't shown me proof. So what is it goin to take to prove you wrong

One word: Australia.

Chris Judd, Buddy Franklin, Andrew McLeod, Steve Johnson, Brendan Fevola, Tony Modra, Gary Ablett Snr., Gary Ablett Jnr., Darren Jarman etc etc all prove the topic creator wrong.

I agree. But what can we say to weezy to show him that. No matter what we say he says that it's not enough proof. Maybe it's about time he showed us some "proof" and we can ignore his examples.

weezy said:
TurboSvans said:
weezy said:
Include the World Games. US wins if your looking at Gold Metal.

If our best athletes in the US were playing soccer it would be like a WORLD
allstar team over here. Imagine our soccer team.. all 6'4''+ super athletes who are bigger,faster,stronger than the rest.

BTW
I just want to see one video of a man outside the US who can jump over 7+ footers without using some sort of rocket attached to his feet.

Dont get me wrong there are super athletes born outside the US..
Ichiro for example is currently the best hitter in baseball possible strongest throwing/accurate arm in outfield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjMlRrBM8r4&feature=related <-- ooops, he just jumped over 7 feet.. and he's swedish, and skinny, and white, omg, what's wrong with this world?!

Impressive. What is his acual standing vertical? or running vertical? Whatever it is, if it is better than any US altletes,which is highly unlikely. Considering size, strength, speed and overall ability I would take many US athletes over this guy..If he's the "best" athlete how come I never heard of him in my whole entire like..as well as 99.99% of the world.

My opinion hasnt changed.

Next video.

Well, you havnt heard of him becuase you dont know sports, his name is Stefan Holm and he is the person in the world that has jumped highest from his own height to the height of the bar, he won the gold in the Olympics in Athens 2004... I win, you lose?

PSN: TrbSvns.

weezy said:
TurboSvans said:
weezy said:
Thanny you do not understand.
we are bigger/ faster
we are stronger.
our athletic ability is unmatched.
if you add "practicing soccer since they are 4 year olds"

it would = DOMINATION. kicking a ball around is great and all with practice

You don't think the pro's of today does that? Almost every professional footballer in the world has played football since a very, very early age, and they arn't very athletic built. Because football doesnt focus on that, you need good touch and vision to be a good footballer. Look at Cristiano Ronaldo, you can't train that kind of skill, he has an amazing gift, you can see players training to do the stuff he does with a ball all their life and still not be even close. You have to have a so high amount of skill to do that, jumping high and slamming a ball into a hop doesnt even come close. Football is a game of brain, tactics, vision, endurance, touch and speed in first, and strength in second. In Basket and American Football, strength and speed is the most important aspects, that's why the players look the way the do, you need to be good at alot more things to be a good footballer then do be a good basketballer, that's why footballers dont put down hour after hour in the gym, they need to focus on so many more areas so they dont have the time.

I dread reading posts when ppl dont even know what they are talking about

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/athletes

the combination of physical strength, agility, or stamina

Sorry. USA is still on top.

I wasnt talking about if you are the most atlethic in the world in that post, just that you wouldnt dominate in football just because you were atheltic, as you stated in an earlier post.

PSN: TrbSvns.

NFL is somewhat like AFL, but with with pads. Pads, that are added, because if they didnt have them ppl would DIE.

lol

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
weezy said:

NFL is somewhat like AFL, but with with pads. Pads, that are added, because if they didnt have them ppl would DIE.

lol

The pads are there to make them look bigger. If the case was to protect they would need them in rugby as well but they don't, so why in gridiron.

The pads are there cause they couldn't take a real hit. (Woohoo, first post and I get to rag on America)

Australian athleticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJGeSRJ5MMQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7s8X5gXFlY

edit* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZXzSj9R1Fs&feature=related

you should watch a game of AFL sometime.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

weezy said:

lol

NFL IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LIKE THE AFL!!! The fact that you have come out with this bizarre outburst is proof of how ignorant you are! If you think the AFL is like the NFL, you are completely blind. I suggest you come to Australia sometime and see how REAL athletes go about it, then make a comment.

all im gonna say is most people most golds.

british music is better anyways hehe :P