By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So why are people OK with ads on the 360/One dashboard?

Are you OK with ads on you console?`

Yup 60 13.16%

Nope 311 68.20%

Indifferent 54 11.84%

See results 29 6.36%

Total:454

I love the ads. They basically tell you what Xbox Live is offering in the store. I think they look really nice and add some diversity to the dashboard.

Its really not a big deal or something to get all bent outta shape about.

Around the Network

This thread is hilarious.
The only legitimate argument for ads is for them to be a) preferential in that you can turn them off without losing service or b) for them to be on a storefront or single non primary area ever.
Everything else is blatantly anticonsumer and defense of the practice puts said company's priority over your own.
TL;DR Ads are bad Mkay.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Lol makes the dashboard feel alive honestly. Rather have this than something like the ps3's barren interface.

Never bothered me.

Euphoria14 said:

Oh yea, your advice is "don't buy it"? Well, he didn't buy an XBox One, and his 3-year old 360 used to not have a homescreen like it has now. Can't give him "don't buy it advice" when he already bought it, and well before it was hit with the Metro interface.

I tell him to sell it then.

I don't like the bland PS interface, so I never bought it. If I was given one I would SELL IT.

No bitching for me on forums. You like? Do it.

But he asked for my opinion, there it is. Don't like it? Oh well.

1st amendment is a beautiful thing, a double edged sword.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Euphoria14 said:

Oh yea, your advice is "don't buy it"? Well, he didn't buy an XBox One, and his 3-year old 360 used to not have a homescreen like it has now. Can't give him "don't buy it advice" when he already bought it, and well before it was hit with the Metro interface.

I tell him to sell it then.

I don't like the bland PS interface, so I never bought it. If I was given one I would SELL IT.

No bitching for me on forums. You like? Do it.

But he asked for my opinion, there it is. Don't like it? Oh well.

1st amendment is a beautiful thing, a double edged sword.

You didn't just give your opinion on ads, you clearly belittled his opinion and likened it to the way someone reacts when getting their fingers flayed.

No big deal though. Your purpose here is clear. You dislike people not liking something you like and falling in line as you do and take it as far as throwing labels at them to belittle them as people or to belittle their opinions in the hopes that it somehow strengthens your own. Unfortunately for you, it does not work that way.

If you just gave your opinion that they don't bother you then good, but you did not do that. You instead went on the attack against just about everyone who might have some kind if complaint, no matter what it is. This reveals a lot about you.

There is no need to further this discussion as stances won't change.

Have a good day.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

You didn't just give your opinion on ads, you clearly belittled his opinion and likened it to the way someone reacts when getting their fingers flayed.

No big deal though. Your purpose here is clear. You dislike people not liking something you like and falling in line as you do and take it as far as throwing labels at them to belittle them as people or to belittle their opinions in the hopes that it somehow strengthens your own. Unfortunately for you, it does not work that way.

If you just gave your opinion that they don't bother you then good, but you did not do that. You instead went on the attack against just about everyone who might have some kind if complaint, no matter what it is. This reveals a lot about you.

Have a good day.

If you look back a few pages when he was quoted, you'll see he missed the point then too.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:
Euphoria14 said:

Have a good day.

If you look back a few pages when he was quoted, you'll see he missed the point then too.

I believe it is intentional, just like how he clearly ignored 80% of my previous post to him (Where I fully responded to his previous post to me) and cherry picked the one part he thought he could actually put a good response to, although that response only showed he never fully read the OPs argument in the first place or any of the responses made to him up until now. 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

tinfamous12 said:
I love the ads. They basically tell you what Xbox Live is offering in the store. I think they look really nice and add some diversity to the dashboard.

I mean wouldn't you like to know if there is a deal out there? I would.

Goatseye said:
tinfamous12 said:

I mean wouldn't you like to know if there is a deal out there? I would.

A political debate is a can't-miss deal? Most of the ads are for new, full-priced games/movies or even non-gaming, only the minority are for sales.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC