By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Q4 FY2014 Earnings: 1.1m Xbox One + 360 shipped, $4.61 billion profit (down 7.1% from year earlier), Xbox revenue up 14% to $104m

Just reading GAF, people are surprised that the shipment is so low. I thought they were clued up!

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Last 5 Years, same Quarter, with just the 360 -

08/09 - 1.2
09/10 - 1.5
10/11 - 1.7
11/12 - 1.1
12/13 - 1.0

1.1 Million combined isnt exactly good...

The 1.1 million figure slightly exceeded my expectations, but in context of this, ouch... Don't know what this means for the Xbox's future, but it's not very optimistic, that's for sure.

SaberSaurus said:

Good, that POS company deserves to fail.

- Moderated, Carl

This is why we can't have nice things!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

sully1311 said:
Just reading GAF, people are surprised that the shipment is so low. I thought they were clued up!

People at NeoGaf thinking they know more than they actually do, more news at 11.

MS lumping numbers together too? Ugh.

In any case, those shipment numbers are terrible.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

something i think most people overlook

Xbox Platform revenue increased $104 million or 14%, driven primarily by increased console revenue. We sold in 1.1 million consoles in the fourth quarter, as we drew down channel inventory, compared to 1.0 million consoles during the prior year.
http://www.microsoft.com/investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY14/Q4/default.aspx

Sony's shipment is absolutely going to wipe the floor with this though. Anyway MS a whole absolutely bossing a usual!

sully1311 said:

GAF threads about sales are awful. The average user there is nowhere near as  educated on sales as those of us here 

Gaf is better than this forum in some ways but sales discussion is for sure not one of them.

Troll_Whisperer said:
MS lumping numbers together too? Ugh.

In any case, those shipment numbers are terrible.

I know, right? I was like WTF when Sony announced "over 100 million PS4s, PS3s, and Vitas" because it was cryptic and ridiculous. Can't both Sony and MS just come clean and just put out numbers for each individual platform?

Azerth said:
something i think most people overlook

Xbox Platform revenue increased $104 million or 14%, driven primarily by increased console revenue. We sold in 1.1 million consoles in the fourth quarter, as we drew down channel inventory, compared to 1.0 million consoles during the prior year.
http://www.microsoft.com/investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY14/Q4/default.aspx

Yep, the Xbox One is a lot more expensive than an Xbox 360 + Live revenue.