By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U WILL get a boost. In 2015

WII U boost???

Yes 156 62.90%

No 19 7.66%

gonna sell less 19 7.66%

Gonna sell ALOT more 54 21.77%

Total:248

That's what I say. It's attractive right now.

Around the Network
lukibrasil said:
phaedruss said:

The original Bayonetta was a niche title and so will the sequel. Zelda is kind of a wild card, but I don't see it performing as well as Skyward Sword even. Both of those won't be as big of sellers as MK8 or SSB4

What I meant is it will bring more gamers into the wiiu. Of course it wont sell more than MK8 since the wii version sold like 35 million or something

Yea zelda will certainly increase interest in the console, but the question is how much and how much will already own the console that would buy zelda.

KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

The original Bayonetta was a niche title and so will the sequel. Zelda is kind of a wild card, but I don't see it performing as well as Skyward Sword even. Both of those won't be as big of sellers as MK8 or SSB4.

Not many titles will be on any system. I think NSMBU will sell better LT than SSB4U though...

What do you mean any system? There are a ton of games coming out on the PS4 and Xbox one. As far as NSMBU, it might be possible given that NSMBU has been included as a pack-in game, but who knows. NSMBWii sold very well but that's a whole different situation.

phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

The original Bayonetta was a niche title and so will the sequel. Zelda is kind of a wild card, but I don't see it performing as well as Skyward Sword even. Both of those won't be as big of sellers as MK8 or SSB4.

Not many titles will be on any system. I think NSMBU will sell better LT than SSB4U though...

What do you mean any system? There are a ton of games coming out on the PS4 and Xbox one. As far as NSMBU, it might be possible given that NSMBU has been included as a pack-in game, but who knows. NSMBWii sold very well but that's a whole different situation.

Im saying I dont think many games on either of the three current gen consoles will get games that sell as much as SSB4U and MK8.

Mario Maker and Splatoon could be big hits; Zelda's effect could be bigger than many think; Amiibos could prove very effective; guaranteed price drop; continued momentum of Smash and Kart...

Things are looking pretty good for WiiU in 2015.

Around the Network
DietSoap said:
Nintendo doesn't have anything bigger than Mario Kart and Smash for console, and the PS4 and Xbox One will finally be getting some games at that point, so I expect this to be the best year for the Wii U.

Its not unheard of for a platform to sell better in the years after its biggest hitters released, we saw this with DS, PS3 & 360 last gen so it is very poasible for Wii U to sell better next year than this year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

phaedruss said:
lukibrasil said:
phaedruss said:
I think Mario Kart 8 and Smash Brothers will be the biggest system sellers the Wii U sees personally.

no, I think zelda and bayonetta could bring in some  gamers that were waiting for a new zelda/bayonnetta

plus platinum games listend and added bayonetta 1 which was perfect

I don't know about Bayonetta. Pre-orders are bound to increase in the US, and there's enough hype. The first game also sold decently, about 2 million.

As for Zelda, that game has a lot more going for it than Skyward Sword.

1) Fans were asking for a non-linear/open-world Zelda, that's what it is.

2) Skyward Sword required you to use Wii Motion Plus, lots of Wii owners didn't have that.

3) Skyward Sword released at the very end of Wii's life. This one is 3 years in on a console that will have a 5-6 year life-cycle.

Yes, I think Splatoon will go viral, and with the big number of exclusives, Wii U will do better than ever.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

phaedruss said:
I think Mario Kart 8 and Smash Brothers will be the biggest system sellers the Wii U sees personally.

Fix'd.

spemanig said:
phaedruss said:

Fix'd.

Arent you forgetting DKR2?