By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does the Musou genre really hurt a Zelda game? New HW characters announced

* Looks at a Cia image* Nope! The Musou genre is actually helping the Zelda franchise in the assets departament!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

I have genuine concern for it. No offense to nintedo guys; they have been waiting for a zelda game for a long time. But they shouldnt support a warriors type game which is not good and may ruin the series. For example, if sony makes a FPS baed on uncharted then I wont support it. Because it doesnt do justice the reputation uncharted has build over time.

Just relax man. It's a second party release/crossover. Everybody knows this isn't a standard Zelda game, it's a spinoff. Nintendo isn't going to start making Musou Zelda games. This is good for the franchise, good for Nintendo, and great for the Wii U.

Besides if people demanded that spinoffs be the exact same style as the mainline series, we never would have gotten great titles like Super Mario RPG or Paper Mario. WoW and FFXI wouldn't be a thing. Metroid Prime never would have came into being. Mario Kart wouldn't be hauling the Wii U's ass out of the fire as we speak. Experimenting with your spinoffs is a good thing.

It's a spinoff. Did MarioKart hurt the Mario Platformrs? Did Link's Crossbow Training hurt the regular Zelda games? No. Hyrule Warriors will do decent while people wait for the new Zelda.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I hope it does well and becomes its own spin off series. As much as a I love Zelda, the wait between entries can be rough, and my love of Warriors style games means this fills the void nicely.

daredevil.shark said:
I dont know what future holds. Warriors games are pretty boring. Hyrule warriors might damage Zelda like Philips CD-i zelda games. Spinoff or not it doesnt represent zelda awesomeness. Its like a high quality mod of a zelda game.

Well, it's more a high quality mod of a Dynasty Warriors game and almost everyone seems to be aware that it isn't a mainline entry from Nintendo.

Do you think that anyone decided not to buy Ocarina of Time because the CD-i games were so bad?

Around the Network

The first time heard anyone saying that it would hurt Zelda.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm really curious as to how they'll use the rupees. I haven't played a Warriors Musou game since the PS2 so I don't remember how KT's upgrade system worked and how it will carry over the Hyrule Warriors.

I think anyone thats going to buy the game knows its a spinoff so I doubt it hurts the Zelda franchise

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It's not about hurting the franchise, it's about hurting just that game. I don't think it will, but I know there are quite a bit here that think it will fail because it's a Musou.

Wright said:

Musou genre doesn't hurt any game :)

This.  Even though the Musou games suck, it's not like they're main games or anything.