By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Top 10 reasons I hate the new Pokemon.

qwertyDANIELqwerty said:

For about the past 5 or 6 years or so, Pokemon has hit rock bottom. Their last masterpeice was Heartgold and Soul Silver, after that, I am displeased with pokemon now. Gens 1-4 were fantastic, but what te hell happened?

This is just my opinion, so please correct me if you feel to do so.

10.) Rivals: Back in the day, it was great to have a rival to go head to head, and it felt great after beating them, but now it seems like just friendly battles that just are unmotivated and just there to be there. This is more of a minor complaint, but I'll continue

9.) Easy: This is self explanatory, it just got too easy.

8.) Fairy type: This was just uneccessary, it was just awful. Terrible idea, Game Freak, Terrible idea.

7.) Spoon-feeding everything: THis is especially in X/Y where everything freaking everywhere is just handed to you like a toddler. It made it that I didn't get toenjoy getting stuff, MYSELF.

6. Air battles: This just annoys me because it has HARDLY ANY USE. What was the point in the first place?

5. Wonder Trade: Have fun getting pokemon yourself? Well, now you can just get all the shiny action replay hacked pokemon you want if you get lucky.  Great idea, Nintendo....

4. Rushed: X/Y was only made in a couple years, which is why there is nothing to do after you beat it. Sad but true.

3. Action Replay: What happened to being fair, now it is just a few button taps away from having every legendary ever. WOW....

2. Fanbase: NO MATTER WHAT the Pokemon company decides to do, fanboys will defend and praise its name, just eagerly loving whatever is thrown at them. Not everybody is like this, but sometimes people are just pathetic in the fanbase, which annoys me.

1: Mega Evolution: All I can say is these are STEROIDS FOR YOUR POKEMON.... that is all I can say....

Being 34 years old, I was too old when the first game came out to even play it so for me, NONE of them are any good and I have never understood why people think otherwise lol

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
AZWification said:

Badassness > Cuteness  

I'm inclined to disagree. Nothing beats Cuteness, and I really do mean nothing!

It's OK if you think that, but Charizard will always be mah nigga!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

prayformojo said:
qwertyDANIELqwerty said:

For about the past 5 or 6 years or so, Pokemon has hit rock bottom. Their last masterpeice was Heartgold and Soul Silver, after that, I am displeased with pokemon now. Gens 1-4 were fantastic, but what te hell happened?

10.) Rivals: Back in the day, it was great to have a rival to go head to head, and it felt great after beating them, but now it seems like just friendly battles that just are unmotivated and just there to be there. This is more of a minor complaint, but I'll continue

8.) Fairy type: This was just uneccessary, it was just awful. Terrible idea, Game Freak, Terrible idea.

7.) Spoon-feeding everything: THis is especially in X/Y where everything freaking everywhere is just handed to you like a toddler. It made it that I didn't get toenjoy getting stuff, MYSELF.

6. Air battles: This just annoys me because it has HARDLY ANY USE. What was the point in the first place?

5. Wonder Trade: Have fun getting pokemon yourself? Well, now you can just get all the shiny action replay hacked pokemon you want if you get lucky.  Great idea, Nintendo....

4. Rushed: X/Y was only made in a couple years, which is why there is nothing to do after you beat it. Sad but true.

3. Action Replay: What happened to being fair, now it is just a few button taps away from having every legendary ever. WOW....

2. Fanbase: NO MATTER WHAT the Pokemon company decides to do, fanboys will defend and praise its name, just eagerly loving whatever is thrown at them. Not everybody is like this, but sometimes people are just pathetic in the fanbase, which annoys me.

1: Mega Evolution: All I can say is these are STEROIDS FOR YOUR POKEMON.... that is all I can say....

Being 34 years old, I was too old when the first game came out to even play it so for me, NONE of them are any good and I have never understood why people think otherwise lol

In terms of competitive dynamics, I would say that there are no games currently that come close to the metagame of Pokemon. It is so complex and challenging, and also ever changing as more aspects are added each generation. There are dozens of variables that have to be accounted for. To even get into the competitive scene, you have to be skilled at chain breeding, and a lot of people simply love collecting Pokemon, even if they have no interest in battling.

Pokemon is deceptively complex and fun, much more than most games today, I would say, since it requires a lot of skill in different aspects of the game to be successful in the competitive scene.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

prayformojo said:

Dont make yourself look stupid.

You obviously never played one, how can you even know that they arent good?

The metagame in Pokemon is one of the most complex ones out there, its not only about beating the elite four and then never touch it again.

Also you aren't to old to play a game when you're 34.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

VanceIX said:
prayformojo said:
qwertyDANIELqwerty said:

In terms of competitive dynamics, I would say that there are no games currently that come close to the metagame of Pokemon. It is so complex and challenging, and also ever changing as more aspects are added each generation. There are dozens of variables that have to be accounted for. To even get into the competitive scene, you have to be skilled at chain breeding, and a lot of people simply love collecting Pokemon, even if they have no interest in battling.

Pokemon is deceptively complex and fun, much more than most games today, I would say, since it requires a lot of skill in different aspects of the game to be successful in the competitive scene.

So Pokemon is basically like a strategy game? If so, that would explain why I never had interest in trying it. I really dislike FF Tactics like games where you have to spend hours planning things out etc.

Around the Network
prayformojo said:

So Pokemon is basically like a strategy game? If so, that would explain why I never had interest in trying it. I really dislike FF Tactics like games where you have to spend hours planning things out etc.

It's strategy, but much more condensed than Tactics. You don't have hours to plan a batle, since the average battle is five minutes long, tops. You have to set up, and then be ready for tactics your opponent may use. It's really only if you play competitive though, the story mode in game is a breeze.

But yeah, if you don't like strategy, it'll be hard to get into Pokemon.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:
prayformojo said:

It's strategy, but much more condensed than Tactics. You don't have hours to plan a batle, since the average battle is five minutes long, tops. You have to set up, and then be ready for tactics your opponent may use. It's really only if you play competitive though, the story mode in game is a breeze.

But yeah, if you don't like strategy, it'll be hard to get into Pokemon.

That actually really depends on who plays it. I've seen a Pokemon Y Lets Play and the Lets Player really struggled to get through.

But if you know the type advantages, yeah its really easy.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Ka-pi96 said:
AZWification said:

It's OK if you think that, but Charizard will always be mah nigga!

And that's better than OK, cuz Charizard is incredibly cute as well!

I thought it was my WiiU's fault, but your image doesn't seem to be showing up!

Busted said:
novasonic said:
I can forgive the cliche "save the world by destroying it" thing and the choppy frame rate, but what really bugged me was that there was no explanation for what Mewtwo was doing in Kalos. Everything else was pretty well done though. Good game.

Mewtwo goes wherever the hell he wants to go

Nyo! That is unacceptable to me! Mewtwo is the only Pokemon will a cool back story and they just plopped him in there for the sake of him being there. I had to make up my own explanation it bugged me so much. See, some super trainer found him and wasn't able to catch him but went to the media and told everyone about him. Geovanni hears about it and decides it's time to get his billion dollar experiement back. He tries ambushing Mewtwo, but Mewtwo freaks out again and explodes the shit out of the cave. Killing everyone inside. Then he flys away to find a new place to hide. He finds another cave in the middle of a huge forest, and then he sends out a mental email blast to all the Pokemon in the world saying that all the mistreated Pokemon in the world are welcome to join him there.

Tada! Pokemon Village is born. And novasonic was able to sleep soundly once again..

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Ka-pi96 said:
AZWification said:

I thought it was my WiiU's fault, but your image doesn't seem to be showing up!

Doesn't show up for me either now. Here is a direct link.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/8600000/Awwwwww-he-s-soooo-cute-charizard-8611034-538-395.gif

Hmm, I do have to agree that mah nigga is actually pretty adorable in that image! The images that precede and follow this one are........ interesting to say at least though!