By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLOU Dev Fires Back At Those Who Feel $50 Is Too Much For PS4 Version “It’s a Steal”

small44 said:

No i car is a different thing,for the exemple of car Ford or any other Car maker they should give you an discount if you replace your old model with the new model.

Some DLC and 1080P 60FPS is not enough to a lot of people and their opinions are totally legit but i don't with them if i want the game to not re-released

I think a more appropriate example would be asking for a discount on your new car because you have bought a car from them in the past.

Around the Network
mizorefan said:
Well, depends of country you live.

Its a steal if you live in South America, Africa, Middle East, Oceania and 90% of Europe and Asia countries.

Why do say that? 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

small44 said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
small44 said:
What if i don't care about DLC or i already buy it on Ps3 they should make a discount for who had it

In 2010 ford released a new mustang body style. Then in 2011 they used that same body style but instead put a bigger motor and 6 speed tranny in it. Should people who bought the 2010 modle get a discount on the 2011 modle? I dont think so either

No i car is a different thing,for the exemple of car Ford or any other Car maker they should give you an discount if you replace your old model with the new model.

Some DLC and 1080P 60FPS is not enough to a lot of people and their opinions are totally legit but i don't with them if i want the game to not re-released

Its the same concept. And they do give you a discount its called trading it in... guess what you can do that with your ps3 ver as well....

brendude13 said:
small44 said:

I think a more appropriate example would be asking for a discount on your new car because you have bought a car from them in the past.

A similar exemple to that would be you should get an discount on the new IP on the developers because you had buy other IP from them.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Come on, $50 is fair. Like he said: the PS3 game is $30 and the DLC is $15, and we're not including other contents. So we're paying the same price of the PS3 version but with better visuals and sound. It's a fair price.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

I think some people are looking at this all wrong....it is indeed a great value for people that have never played TLOU on PS3. They are getting an "enhanced version" of the PS3 game with ALL of the DLC included . You can currently get the regular version for $50 so paying the same price and getting a "better" version is indeed a good deal for NEW customers. Not sure why the people who have already bought and played the game are complaining about the price.....it is not like you are being forced to buy the game or anything so what's the issue?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

supafly said:
blightedpersona said:
as a PC gamer, paying $50 for a >1 year old game is unheard of

Lets be honest, a PC gamer paying for any game is unheard of

Ubisoft breakdown of sales by platform:

Before the current gen consoles launched, PC revenue was actually above PS3 and on par with X360.  

alot of people seem to get confused with what something is worth, and what you as an individual are willing to pay. you are not everyone.

it comes at a 50 $ price for a reason, one of the biggest is it being a fair price. you can tell this is so because it is doing well with preorders and lots of people are excited.it is also cheaper than buying it on ps3 with all the same dlc..

if you dont want to pay 50 bucks thats fine. that doesnt mean it isnt worth 50 dollars. is just means your going to have to wait for that price to come down before you buy it.

if you dont like that, and it makes you feel all sad inside, well, stop being cheap.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

small44 said:
brendude13 said:
small44 said:

A similar exemple to that would be you should get an discount on the new IP on the developers because you had buy other IP from them.

Can we stop drawing stupid parallels and admit that the pricing for The Last of Us Remastered is 100% justified?

brendude13 said:
small44 said:
brendude13 said:
small44 said:

Can we stop drawing stupid parallels and admit that the pricing for The Last of Us Remastered is 100% justified?

It justified for some and not justified from other

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m