By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLOU Dev Fires Back At Those Who Feel $50 Is Too Much For PS4 Version “It’s a Steal”

When a company is defending the price of its game, clearly there's a problem. Very unprofessional to come out and basically tell people they're idiots for not wanting to pay $50 for a remake. The original game took an enormous amount of effort and time to produce. All the real work was already done then, and this is simply just a quick remake. It didn't take much time to do, and they're acting like it took as long and was as difficult to produce as the original. They made their money back on this game, and while I think the price is ok, I just think guys like this should stfu and let the game speak for itself. If you have to defend it's price, well, then I think that shows even this defender thinks there's an issue. And for his recommendation on waiting for a price drop? I'll take that one step further, since he's such a dick, I'll buy the game used after it gets a price drop. Thanks for the advice.

Around the Network

Too many ppl thinking that cost plus and competitor-based pricing are the only valid methodologies for determining price.

Not realizing value (based on perceived value by target market) pricing is just as valid.

KLXVER said:

Its a steal alright...

- Moderated, Carl

Anyone else wondering why this comment was moderated?  
Was there more and it got edited out of the post?  

At worst, this seems like a disagreement with an opinion, and doesn't seem to warrant even a warning (even if coming from someone with a record). 

I would not call it a steal but i think the price is fair.

2008ProchargedGT said:
small44 said:
What if i don't care about DLC or i already buy it on Ps3 they should make a discount for who had it

In 2010 ford released a new mustang body style. Then in 2011 they used that same body style but instead put a bigger motor and 6 speed tranny in it. Should people who bought the 2010 modle get a discount on the 2011 modle? I dont think so either

No i car is a different thing,for the exemple of car Ford or any other Car maker they should give you an discount if you replace your old model with the new model.

Some DLC and 1080P 60FPS is not enough to a lot of people and their opinions are totally legit but i don't with them if i want the game to not re-released

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

A better analogy would be if you bought the regular Blu Ray of LoTR, should they give you a discount if you go ahead and buy the extended edition some time later?

blightedpersona said:
as a PC gamer, paying $50 for a >1 year old game is unheard of

Dark souls: Prepare to die edition? ($49.99 at release)
How much do you think GTA5 will be when it comes to pc?

Justagamer said:
When a company is defending the price of its game, clearly there's a problem. Very unprofessional to come out and basically tell people they're idiots for not wanting to pay $50 for a remake. The original game took an enormous amount of effort and time to produce. All the real work was already done then, and this is simply just a quick remake. It didn't take much time to do, and they're acting like it took as long and was as difficult to produce as the original. They made their money back on this game, and while I think the price is ok, I just think guys like this should stfu and let the game speak for itself. If you have to defend it's price, well, then I think that shows even this defender thinks there's an issue. And for his recommendation on waiting for a price drop? I'll take that one step further, since he's such a dick, I'll buy the game used after it gets a price drop. Thanks for the advice.

hot off the press 'beta versions are good enough, polishing a code/game is not "real work" and doesn't need to be payed' - 'a gamer'

I'm not sure if steal is the right word. It's nice and all for those that never got it, but it's still not at "steal."

Well, depends of country you live.

Its a steal if you live in South America, Africa, Middle East, Oceania and 90% of Europe and Asia countries.