By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLOU Dev Fires Back At Those Who Feel $50 Is Too Much For PS4 Version “It’s a Steal”

BillyBong said:
DD_Bwest said:

but if you buy new, its still 30 bucks , for with 20 thats the price of the remaster

You do realize current trade ins for a $30 game is something like $10 if that?  Not to mention you can't sell back your dlcs or season pass?  Anyways.. I added to my comment above to make my point.  Great deal for new owners.. Not so much for those who has the ps3 version and would like to move it over to the ps4.

it doesnt matter what the trade in value is, your trying to go out to left field for no reason.

For someone who doesnt have TLOU,  they can buy it new from amazon and get a season pass which is 50 bucks.  or the can buy the remaster, so its fifty bucks.   that is why it is valued where it is.  its not a rip off because its the exact price as the last one.   think of it as a game of the year edition with better graphics and on a console now that others who didnt have a chance can now try it

this is basically a bunch of cheapo's who have the ps3 version and want a freeby for an upgrade.  thats not how life works.  (well, we also have a bunch of nintendo fans who have no intention in any of this but to piss on tlou

When companies released blue ray movies,  they didnt give you a discount on a movie if you happened to have the dvd already.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network

"It's a steal"... No it's not, paying $50 for a re-release is most certainly fair from us, we're not stealing anything. :P

DD_Bwest said:
BillyBong said:
DD_Bwest said:

but if you buy new, its still 30 bucks , for with 20 thats the price of the remaster

You do realize current trade ins for a $30 game is something like $10 if that?  Not to mention you can't sell back your dlcs or season pass?  Anyways.. I added to my comment above to make my point.  Great deal for new owners.. Not so much for those who has the ps3 version and would like to move it over to the ps4.

it doesnt matter what the trade in value is, your trying to go out to left field for no reason.

For someone who doesnt have TLOU,  they can buy it new from amazon and get a season pass which is 50 bucks.  or the can buy the remaster, so its fifty bucks.   that is why it is valued where it is.  its not a rip off because its the exact price as the last one.   think of it as a game of the year edition with better graphics and on a console now that others who didnt have a chance can now try it

this is basically a bunch of cheapo's who have the ps3 version and want a freeby for an upgrade.  thats not how life works.  (well, we also have a bunch of nintendo fans who have no intention in any of this but to piss on tlou

When companies released blue ray movies,  they didnt give you a discount on a movie if you happened to have the dvd already.

This ain't about being cheapos as you want to call it.  Its about for existing users moving over to the ps4 version.  Seriously.. Why buy for the ps4 as a ps3  game owner if your paying that much again for the same content you already have?  Mind you its only a year old game.  As a TLOU owner, ND and Sony already got my money.. They could get more if there was an upgrade or a discount fee.  Whereas if I had to pay $50 again for what I already have on my ps3, then no thanks.  And this whole comparison with movies is irrelevant to the topic considering pricing points of media.  My only gripe is, I still play my ps3.. More so than my ps4.  Why?  A lack of games, plus PS+ offerings on ps3 which make it hard to move on until there is more substantial titles in the pipeline for the ps4.  But I sure would love to move onto my ps4 if some titles I already had could be played on the ps4.  My transition from ps2 to ps3 was easy because of BC.  I could play my ps2 games on my ps3.. No biggie.  Now, I'm alternating between 2 systems because what I feel like playing can only be played on that respective system.  Just saying.. It'll make that transition from ps3 to ps4 a lot easier if I could start gaming specifically on my new gen and retire my last gen.  It would definitely convince me more so if a game I already had like TLOU could be moved over with an upgrade discount.  Its not like Sony hasn't already accomplished allowing ps3 games be played on the ps4.  Its not about the money.  Its about how much I'm willing to drop for one title..

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

If you dont want it, dont buy it....

jesus people acting like it is been force on you.

it has been mentioned time and again that one of the major audience for this remaster is for those who never played the game n PS3 and those Xbox 360 owners who jumped ship. 

If you think the game is worth it, buy it if not dont buy it. POWEr of transcation. 

The DLC are currently $40 on the store.

Around the Network

If you don't think the price is right, don't buy it. Simple.
I will buy it, and surely many others will.

I have a feeling most people complaining about the game and its price (not just on this forum, but everywhere), are the same that pay $6 for coffee at Starbucks.

It's a great deal for people who didn't play it on the ps3. For those who did, though, it does kinda suck that they don't get a free upgrade or at least a special discount. I'm kinda interested in playing it again with them next gen graphics, just not 50 bucks interested.

goopy20 said:
It's a great deal for people who didn't play it on the ps3. For those who did, though, it does kinda suck that they don't get a free upgrade or at least a special discount. I'm kinda interested in playing it again with them next gen graphics, just not 50 bucks interested.

Sure you can get a discount, take TLOU PS3 game, sell game, apply money to TLOU PS4, pay additional whatever.  Boom.  There's your discount. 

If this was released on PS3 as a GOTY edition for $50, no one would have battered an eyelid. Naughty Dog do a tonne of work porting it across to PS4 and improving textures, models, res, framerate and tweak the gameplay, and suddenly $50 is a rip-off and cash grab.

End of the day, TLOU-R has taken a small section of ND one year to port across, and as a result the PS4 has a multi-award winning game that a lot of PS4 owners probably haven't played yet. If TLOU-R hadn't been released, then UC4 *may* have come out a few months earlier, however ND would have missed out on a great opportunity to learn the PS4 architecture, with the result being UC4 would have likely been less optimised and therefore less polished than it will be.

For those who have played it, vote with your wallet, if you think its a rip-off then don't buy it or wait until it inevitably drops in price. If no one buys this game, then it'll send a message to Sony that there isn't a market for these games. If it does sell well, then it shows that there are people who see value in the endeavour, and people should respect that.

Alternatively, keep whinging about a game that you probably won't buy anyway.

Why is gta5 and tomb raider off the hook? If people wanted to moan about value then tomb raider is the worst. The xbone and ps4 version is just a more stable pc version on high settings.

If people don't want a game then dont buy it. I don't see the uproar really. The only people who should moan are the one who got a ps3 for this game alone. I would say very few have and probs nobody in this thread.

I want a discount on the amazing Spider-Man 2 on bleu Ray because I already watched it at the cinemas. I also want the lion king bluray for cheap because I own the cha and I watched it on the telly for free -_- kmt

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st