By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U Outsold the Xbox One the Month of June Globally!!

is the Wii U still doomed?

Yes! it will always be!!! 115 25.67%

No! MK8 FTW! 332 74.11%

Total:447
awesomeabe1998 said:

As you people may know, NPD figures were released recently for the month of June and it showed that PS4 sold most in the US, followed by XB1 and Wii U.

Well, according to VGChartz, the Wii U outsold the XB1 globally in the month of June. 

PS4:511,167

Wii U: 349,188

XB1: 299,560

3DS: 615,716

PSV: 164,686

PS4 is still dominating the home console market. 3DS is murdering the PSV. XB1 got a price cut yet was still outsold by the Wii U.

Is the Wii U still doomed?

EDIT: So it turns out that after taking NPD numbers te Wii U outsold the XB1 351k to 312k!

Also big thanks to drake_tolu for helping with the calculations!

I think it is important to realize that the Wii U outselling the Xbox One shows how bad the X1 is doing, and not the other way around.  Don't kid yourself, the Wii U is still on a trajectory to sell 16-20m.

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

As you people may know, NPD figures were released recently for the month of June and it showed that PS4 sold most in the US, followed by XB1 and Wii U.

Well, according to VGChartz, the Wii U outsold the XB1 globally in the month of June. 

PS4:511,167

Wii U: 349,188

XB1: 299,560

3DS: 615,716

PSV: 164,686

PS4 is still dominating the home console market. 3DS is murdering the PSV. XB1 got a price cut yet was still outsold by the Wii U.

Is the Wii U still doomed?

EDIT: So it turns out that after taking NPD numbers te Wii U outsold the XB1 351k to 312k!

Also big thanks to drake_tolu for helping with the calculations!

I think it is important to realize that the Wii U outselling the Xbox One shows how bad the X1 is doing, and not the other way around.  Don't kid yourself, the Wii U is still on a trajectory to sell 16-20m.

I like how people still try to turn positive Wii U news to just plain news. Obviously both are not selling that well. Hell, the PS4 is arguably not selling that well compared to previous generation, buth the fact that the Wii U outsold the XB1 is positive news.

Haters were saying that the XB1 and PS4 were going to dominate the Wii U and that the Wii U will be irrelevant and that the Wii U will sell worse than the GC. The PS4 is dominating without a doubt but when a so called 'dead' console is revived and sells more than a less than a year old console, then that is great news.

awesomeabe1998 said:

I like how people still try to turn positive Wii U news to just plain news. Obviously both are not selling that well. Hell, the PS4 is arguably not selling that well compared to previous generation, buth the fact that the Wii U outsold the XB1 is positive news.

Haters were saying that the XB1 and PS4 were going to dominate the Wii U and that the Wii U will be irrelevant and that the Wii U will sell worse than the GC. The PS4 is dominating without a doubt but when a so called 'dead' console is revived and sells more than a less than a year old console, then that is great news.

LOL nothing has changed.  The Wii U's biggest release of the generation lost to the PS4 with a third party release.  That is nothing to write home about, or at least it isn't in my opinion.

Captain_Tom said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

LOL nothing has changed.  The Wii U's biggest release of the generation lost to the PS4 with a third party release.  That is nothing to write home about, or at least it isn't in my opinion.

or maybe ps4 is still widely marketed and gets daily releases of new games vs a console that are unoticed most of the time

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

LipeJJ said:
ikki5 said:

PS4 dominated.... yeah.... if you call it that. 150k more a month is not really that much... numbers accross the board are pitiful with the exception of th 3DS as that is almost 4 years old now.

This. 

I find funny how people idolise the PS4 sales when currently they're just "normal" at best. The others that are doing poorly. It had a brilliant start, but now it's sales are on normal levels, consoles Like Wii and PS2 managed to hit much better numbers even on this time of the year.

Also, congrats to 3DS, like you said, it's 4 years old and still manages to top the global charts.

I must disagree. Ps4 numbers are amazing for the fact that there aren't many games out for it. I think starting this fall the numbers will be insane but only time will tell. The wiiu and x1 numbers are pretty sad

Around the Network

Awesome! MK8 really helped. Can the Wii U be ahead of the X1 in July too?

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Is that globally in the globe or just globally in the USA ?

Xenostar said:
Is that globally in the globe or just globally in the USA ?

Worldwide.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Captain_Tom said:

awesomeabe1998 said:

Did I mention the Wii U beating the PS4? No, in fact I said that the PS4 is dominating.

MK8 lost to Watch Dogs PS4? Hmm... Is Watch Dogs number 1 on the global chart after 1 month? Oh wait....try again!.

"Globally in the USA" should not be a thing, what the heck